Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty registering 5 year warranty

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 07:05 PM)
Dakster
Student
Options

Please can somebody help. I’m trying to fill in the details to register for 5 year warranty. Can fill in all fields except for location of purchase. It needs to recognise the shop (in my case Currys) but it can’t find this retailer, it only finds 12 retailers all starting with A. I can’t get any further.

What’s going on ? I’m using 2020 iPad latest with latest update also tried to register via iPhone same issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you registering the tv with in 90 days of purchase. The tv has to be purchased from certain shops to qualify for the 5 years. Surprised currys is not on there. If you go to www.samsung.com/uk/5yearguarantee it has information or google gives information on how to register through your tv
G G
0 Likes
Dakster
Student
Options

thanks for the reply. I phoned Samsung who said Currys are not a qualifying retailer.  That’s surprised  me. Even the Currys salesman thought it was covered. Not great, but it is what it is…

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
I had the same problem with the qe65qn95b from hughes. Bit sneaky. Try getting in touch with currys see if they can help or tell them you were miss sold. Shame though. Good luck
G G
PG3112
Apprentice
Options

My brand new TV is being refused the warranty because the serial number has already been used!! & I bought it from Samsung On-line Shop!!!

0 Likes
jaycee5
First Poster
Options

just have same problem shop does not qualify   they need to take sticker off it then !

will return as last 2 , 75 inch Samsungs both failed within 1-4 yrs   I must be mad to buy another 

0 Likes