Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device connected

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 04:59 PM)
Bumbi1
Apprentice
Options

I keep getting a pop up. Device is Connected. Device Name: PK.  Anyone else getting this pop up. It happens like every 10 minutes. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bumbi1 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Bumbi1
Apprentice
Options

MN : QN75QN90BAFXZA
FW : T-PTMAKUC-1430.1

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for that, @Bumbi1. I have edited your post to remove your serial number, as this is information that is personal to you. Please can you check to see whether there is a software update for your TV and, if there is, whether downloading and installing this resolves the pop-up message?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-install-software-and-app-updates-automatica...

If there is no update available, please could you upload a photo showing the message that you have been seeing on your TV? This will give us a clearer idea of how this presents itself.

0 Likes
Bumbi1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.  Good looking out. No available updates.  I'll try to take a picture of it when it happens.  It's super random. 

Bumbi1
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks, @Bumbi1. That's very helpful. Not to sound too obvious, but I believe that this is just referring to a device that is connected to your TV. It's possible, of course, that "PK" is a wireless or wired connection.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend having a look at the devices that are connected to your TV and remove any that you no longer require:

Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connection Manager > Device List > identify and remove any unwanted devices.

0 Likes
Bumbi1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Paul. I checked my connected devices and removed the only wireless connection, my phone. For wired devices, I have the cable box and my Xbox. Is it expected when we have these "normal" identified wired devices connected that this message show up every 2 to 3 hours every day? I replaced the HDMI cables to all new ones and it's still occuring. 

0 Likes
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

I get the same thing when I turn on my tv. The device is connected:  Snoo

samsung isn’t telling us something 

I even renamed my network and unplugged from my router and rebooted my tv and it still popped up. 

It’s Samsung - they are spying on us via the tv. 

0 Likes