Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a custom made ambient mode photo from a QLED TV

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 10:30 AM)
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought one of new QLED TV's and I've been playing around with the ambient mode on it. I managed to take a photo and send it to the TV but I really don't like it. So I wanted to delete the custom photo as it keeps popping up as default when I go into ambient mode. I've searched everywhere for instructions on how to delete the custom photo but I can't find an exact answer! Has anyone worked this out or is the option to delete just not available?

16 REPLIES 16
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

Thank you so much!

It's definitely the best solution so far, apart from absurd but apparently the only working option to reset your tv. 

Take care!

0 Likes
AndreaNeo
First Poster
Options

This thing is too stupid to be true. You spend one thousand euro for a screen, and cannot change a background? that's madness! XD Thanks Paperboy2 👏 

MediaSock
First Poster
Options

I solved it, I'm so happy I got rid of that stupid ugly double pic background, it would show up every time the TV screen transitioned to another screen, even when I set it to a different theme it would still show up, it was very annoying, it ruined my mood every time I saw it, I got rid of it by deleting the "Smarthings App" from my phone, it deleted it from my TV completely,

note: my TV was on when I deleted the "Smarthings App", then I turned off my phone and waited until it was off before I switched off my TV, when I turned on my TV it was gone, I don't think you have to follow these steps but I thought I would mention them just in case, because I'm certainly not going to try it again just to find out, and I didn't want to reset the TV and lose all those settings, preferences and app logins, anyway I hope this helps.

0 Likes
MediaSock
First Poster
Options

Oops, I just realized that when you delete the Smarthings App from you're phone, it deletes the pic but it comes back when you re-download the Smarthings App to you're phone, so in the end I had to reset my TV, so sad, oh well, what are you gonna do?, Samsung sucks I guess.

0 Likes
skinned
First Poster
Options

Here's what I did. I took a picture of the of the mobile guide screen with the 3 boxes in each corner with my tablet. Then I took it into a dark room and took a picture of it with my the Smartthings app on my phone instead of the TV. Now my custom background is a black screen.

Would probably work with a printed copy on your background of choice.

MainForcePursuit
First Poster
Options

Hey @skinned a..really like the photo of the ‘guide screen’ workaround… clever and gives a clean result….didn’t want to factory reset - this was a good alternative.

0 Likes
klerigon
First Poster
Options

After two years of posts about this topic I can confirm Samsung doesn't care for its customers. A neoqled TV worth more than 1000€ must have a horrible background image because they won't add a simple reset background option. It seems we all must reset TV and lose all our settings that took us hours to customize. 

0 Likes