Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a custom made ambient mode photo from a QLED TV

(Topic created on: 20-04-2020 06:22 AM)
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought one of new QLED TV's and I've been playing around with the ambient mode on it. I managed to take a photo and send it to the TV but I really don't like it. So I wanted to delete the custom photo as it keeps popping up as default when I go into ambient mode. I've searched everywhere for instructions on how to delete the custom photo but I can't find an exact answer! Has anyone worked this out or is the option to delete just not available?

16 REPLIES 16
Constantine89
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my Q70T. The picture is horrible but I can't delete it.

Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

@Constantine89 wrote:

I am having the same issue with my Q70T. The picture is horrible but I can't delete it.

It looks like there isn't an option to delete. Really annoying! When I took a photo using smart things it took the bottom of a picture above my TV and put it onto the ambient screen 3 times. Looked awful! However last night I re-took a photo and this time it just matched the painted wall. So at least I have a reasonable background now. Silly that they can't be deleted though! I find the Ambient Mode glitchy.

VKhanna
First Poster
Options

HI!

I'm not able to delete photo in Ambient background Theme in my Qled Q80R.

Please reply me how to delete it.

Tuntus
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem. Took a picture and I have too much stuff around my tv to look good in the photo. Would like to just reset or remove this photo but don't see an option to do so (only to retake which I don't want). Any advice would be great!

0 Likes
jasonbermingham
First Poster
Options

You've probably worked this out, but, for those who are having the same problem with a new Samsung Smart TV, one workaround is simply resetting your TV to factory settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET. You'll have to type all your info back in, but at least you get a second chance to play with the Ambient feature.

Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

@jasonbermingham wrote:

You've probably worked this out, but, for those who are having the same problem with a new Samsung Smart TV, one workaround is simply resetting your TV to factory settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET. You'll have to type all your info back in, but at least you get a second chance to play with the Ambient feature.

Not to mention log into all the apps, put settings back etc etc. Boggles my mind how many things need a factory reset for something simple. It's like phones when they say, "Just factory reset it." Then the 2-3 hours after putting everything back, logging in, setting up security/fingerprints to find it's not fixed the actual problem lol.

Tuntus
Apprentice
Options

Thanks so much!  I figured that was the last option and out of pure inconvenience I've avoided it so far.  It's mind blowing that such a simple step isn't even an option.  : / Hopefully they fix this soon!

0 Likes
Tuntus
Apprentice
Options

Totally! Plus the thought of screwing up another ambient picture upload and having to do it all over another time.  So impractical! Please fix Samsung!

paperboy2
Explorer
Options

I presume this is an issue with not being happy with the background photo.

The multiple photos showing the ceiling is an issue Samsung need to sort out!!!

To change the photo, and give you more options than just taking a photo of the whole TV, go to:

Special Edition Porcelain Hours and press STYLE & SETTINGS

You will now have the extra "BASIC" option to take photos of just one side of the TV. This means you can choose the side with the best free space to get a better background.

It should also give you an option to "smudge" the resulting images to remove any solid images that you don't want on the background. (maybe a light switch).

This should now be your default background for all moods/decors.