Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 11:10 PM)
TT25
First Poster
Options

I feel the need to vent. Having paid £1500 on 15th November 2020 for a QE55Q700T ATXXU 55" Smart 8K HDR QLED TV from Curry's, the screen went exactly a week after the 1 year warranty had ended. I contacted Curry's and they offered to take it back anyway and look at it. When I got it back in January 2022 I was informed that it was a manufacturing fault that required a new screen. This was completed and the repair charge was refunded back to me. Told me it was Guaranteed for 3 months. After 5 months the exact same issue has arisen. Screen gone off. Samsung technician I was put through to was very pleasant but after about 40 minutes of 'try this, try that' I've been given the contact details of a company that may be able to repair it. Not interested at all that the TV is only 18 months old. With hindsight I should have demanded a new appliance. Totally devastated about this and quite frankly could do without the inconvenience of trying to get this sorted. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
zimma71
Voyager
Options
All electrical items in UK are covered by a 2 year warranty BY LAW, SAME IN THE E. U

YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD LIES BY SOMEONE
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Outwith warranty it is possible to make a claim for up to 6 years under the consumer rights Act. However as is stated in article after 6 months the onus is more on consumer to prove manufacturing fault. Here is Which guide https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product-aTTEK2g0YuEy

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jovis
Explorer
Options
Have 55in 4k tv from curry's, screen went after a week, curry's said nothing to do with them call Samsung!! Called too two weeks of calls videos and email to prove it was faulty and not broken by me! Man came out without even looking at it, he had brought a new screen fitted it all was well. Said it was a known fault. Now the TV is exactly 2 years old and black patches are appearing over the screen. NOTgreat from samsung.
0 Likes
TT25
First Poster
Options

I'm not sure. If it was, I certainly would have done it. 

0 Likes