Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Mount Choice

(Topic created on: 29-08-2019 12:43 PM)
madcal
Journeyman
Options

Morning all,

Just got my 2019 QLED 49 inch Frame and mounted it on the wall in the hall.  This one is only for art not for TV.

I cannot find any way of setting the default mount for all pictures.  It looks a lot less like a TV when you have a mount selected in a light colour, which is what I want.

But whenever I start a slide show with one of the collections it never includes a mount.  On an individual picture I can select a mount then get it to show, but on slide show mode they all appear without mounts.

Is there no way to set a default?

Many thanks.

PS Whomever designed the keyboard UI should go back to UI school.  Having a little tick appear over the next letter along when you are tying a password means you keep selecting it and then having to start over.  Cost me 10 minutes that one....

6 REPLIES 6
smithers197
First Poster
Options

Madcal

So can I just clarify you can set up your art on your samsung?  I took delivery of our new Samsung The Frame 2019 49" model last Friday and cannot the Art settings to show at all - what am I doing wrong (this is just being a TV and not the smart Frame TV I thought it was supposed to be)?  I have tried on the TV and on the iphone Smartthings app (both iPhone 8 and XS) but nothing.  The support team told us that a firmware update had been sent out and that had broken it, but here we are one week later and it is still broken.  Any feedback would be massively appreciated.

0 Likes
madcal
Journeyman
Options

Morning,

The Art works fine, I subscribed to the £5 a month and we have lots of art to show.  Whether I will continue subscription is debatable....

It works if you launch it from the icon on the menu (bottom left).

The press off button for 2 seconds to launch it just seems to turn the set off.

Picture quality is OK but backlighting is uneven at the edges, I expected more from QLED in 2019.   Unlikely I would buy another Samsung screen as a result (my Sony LED tvs do not suffer this backlighting unevenness).

0 Likes
smithers197
First Poster
Options
Hmm, that is what I have been trying to do - nothing!!!  I contacted Samsung again this morning and they say there is no fix available yet still, and based on my experience I would not buy another Samsung product. What does confuse me is that this does not seem to be a commonly logged issue, which is a tad concerning...
0 Likes
madcal
Journeyman
Options

You don't have this?

PS look at the nasty white bleeding around the edges, poor backlighting....

IMG_0944.jpeg

0 Likes
smithers197
First Poster
Options
Yep, but when I click it the screen goes off
0 Likes
ilyxxxa
First Poster
Options

This is a MUST feature. So sad, that Samsung does not have it. 

0 Likes