Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark vertical shadow centre of screen

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 03:49 PM)
joben1
Student
Options

Bought a Samsung UE49NU7100 49" LED TV just over 2 years ago and now have a dark vertical shadow centre of screen. Having looked at Samsung community boards in the US and here, this seems to be a very common fault. Samsung don't seem to care too much that fairly expensive products of theirs break down after only a couple of years going by their lack of response to this so far.

I noticed that in the US, people where getting repairs done on a one time only warranty waiver. Anyone know of this happening in the UK?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@joben1: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV display. Can you try powering the TV off and unplugging it at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plugging it back in to see if the issue persists? If it does, and if it is visible on all channels/sources, then please head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and check to see if the issue is visible in the sample image, or if you get any 'Failed' messages in the summary at the end. If this is applicable then please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below where an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. If your TV is over 12 months old then any repairs would be chargeable, and sadly I'm unaware of any exceptions that can be made. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
joben1
Student
Options

Yes I've tried all that to no avail. I'm sorry to say that I'm not impressed with Samsung. I expected my TV to last longer than 2 years, and I'm not paying for a call out and maybe hundreds of pounds for a repair that may well only last another 2 years. I will have to buy another it seems, but not a Samsung.

nathanielct777
Explorer
Options

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this forum and my vertical black/shaded band is center-right. I bought my Samsung TV - Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series on 4/20/2018  and I can't believe I'm having problems already! I only bought a 2 year extended warranty so I guess shame on me for having faith that Samsung would be reliable and that I wouldn't need the warranty extended past that 2 years. I DEFINITELY will never buy a Samsung TV again and have already bought a Sony which is coming this Friday. See ya Samsung!

20210905_154627.jpg20210905_154649.jpg

Bastiaan Kortenbout
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with my Samsung UE49NU7100. Already after two years. 

20220113_121143.jpg

0 Likes
wafelxp
First Poster
Options
Someone know how to fix that ?
0 Likes