Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dark shadows on screen UE49MU6470

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 08:00 PM)
Charc
First Poster
Options
My tv has just started to show a dark shadow down the middle of the screen. I have done a factory reset and tried all the connections and makes no difference. Any help would be great only just out of warranty. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
EdOk
First Poster
Options
Hi Charc check out ifixit.com Samsung UE49KU6400 shadow issue

Hi Charc check out Samsung UE49KU6400 shadow issue thread on ifixit.com. It appears to be back-light led strip failure.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Charc: If you have factory reset the TV and the issue has persisted, then this may need to be inspected by an authorised engineer. Can you try unplugging the TV at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on to see if this helps? Can you also head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test to see if the shadow is present in any of the sample images, or if any 'Failed' messages show up in the summary? If so then please follow the link below, select TV & AV > Television and enter your post code to find details of your nearest Support Centre who you can contact to arrange an inspection. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

0 Likes
nathanielct777
Explorer
Options

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this forum and my vertical black/shaded band is center-right. I bought my Samsung TV - Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series on 4/20/2018  and I can't believe I'm having problems already! I only bought a 2 year extended warranty so I guess shame on me for having faith that Samsung would be reliable and that I wouldn't need the warranty extended past that 2 years. I DEFINITELY will never buy a Samsung TV again and have already bought a Sony which is coming this Friday. See ya Samsung!

20210905_154627.jpg20210905_154649.jpg

0 Likes
Members_dHDaO9R
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue and I can't believe how many people have been affected by this. I was quite happy with the TV until now... 4-5 years after we bought it. I got old Sony tvs stored in the garage that are perfectly operational. Like someone else mentioned, I'll say goodbye to Samsung, hello Sony!

0 Likes