Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dark shadow on left hand side of TV screen

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 02:06 PM)
colwalsh
First Poster
Options
TV

anyone got experiernce of similar issue? UE49NU7100 tv has dark shadow on left side of screen. About 3 yrs old so would expect its not under warranty but also not sure how to check. 

Have completed recommended checks i.e. surge protection, and comfirmed its not just source issue. Its a little disappointing and not the first time have had issues with screen on samsung tv - will be stayinIMG_20211120_130453.jpgg away in future

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options
TV

@Wimvb: If you head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis (this may be found in Device Care) > Picture Test, is the issue visible in the sample image(s). If it is then please head to samsung.com > Scroll down to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to our Help Desk via your preferred support channel, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an engineer. I'm not sure which model you have, however it appears to be an Edge-Lit TV, and the LEDs on the left side of the panel seem to no longer be functioning. 

0 Likes
ronshalev
First Poster
Options
TV

my vertical shadow started in the center, stayed there for a week and now moved to the left.

which makes me think this is not faulty hw

0 Likes
Rava15
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi Colwash

What was the outcome of your problem?

I have a similar problem on my UA49NU7100K

The pictures is still visible through the shadow but gets progressively dark towards the right. Most complaints on this thread the shadow goes to the left. 

The shadow started in the centre and then moved to the right.

Any advice will be appreciated20220717_092632.jpg

0 Likes
Baran Kaypakoglu
First Poster
Options
TV

I called Samsung service. They changed the back light. It cost me 100 USD.

0 Likes