Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark shadow on left hand side of TV screen

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 09:45 PM)
colwalsh
Student
Options

anyone got experiernce of similar issue? UE49NU7100 tv has dark shadow on left side of screen. About 3 yrs old so would expect its not under warranty but also not sure how to check. 

Have completed recommended checks i.e. surge protection, and comfirmed its not just source issue. Its a little disappointing and not the first time have had issues with screen on samsung tv - will be stayinIMG_20211120_130453.jpgg away in future

27 REPLIES 27
AndrewL
Options

@Wimvb: If you head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis (this may be found in Device Care) > Picture Test, is the issue visible in the sample image(s). If it is then please head to samsung.com > Scroll down to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to our Help Desk via your preferred support channel, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an engineer. I'm not sure which model you have, however it appears to be an Edge-Lit TV, and the LEDs on the left side of the panel seem to no longer be functioning. 

0 Likes
ronshalev
First Poster
Options

my vertical shadow started in the center, stayed there for a week and now moved to the left.

which makes me think this is not faulty hw

(1)
Rava15
Student
Options

Hi Colwash

What was the outcome of your problem?

I have a similar problem on my UA49NU7100K

The pictures is still visible through the shadow but gets progressively dark towards the right. Most complaints on this thread the shadow goes to the left. 

The shadow started in the centre and then moved to the right.

Any advice will be appreciated20220717_092632.jpg

Options

I called Samsung service. They changed the back light. It cost me 100 USD.

Antonio261
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue. How did you get your issue sorted? I've called Samsung and have arranged for a service visit. It's outside the warranty period though. Hope it doesn't cost too much. 

Antonio261
Apprentice
Options

Were you able to sort out your issue? I'm having the same problem. I've arranged for  a service visit via Samsung but I'll have to bear the cost since I'm outside the warranty period. Seems Samsung has some questions to answer as it seems to be a recurring problem from other posts on here. 

splatty
First Poster
Options
Anyone in the UK managed to get one fixed and how much
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

It’s a failing led strip for the backlight

AnnieF
First Poster
Options
Did you get yours successfully repaired? If so how much was it? We've got exactly the same and not sure whether to try for repair or go straight to replace. Thanks
Antonio261
Apprentice
Options

I did not. The initial cost to come out us $100 to assess the issue then possibly another $300 to fix. Yes it’s bad but I don’t feel the cost to fix is worth it. I’ll just bear with it until I can’t anymore then will buy another TV. Sucks…..