Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark shadow on left hand side of TV screen

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 02:06 PM)
colwalsh
Student
Options

anyone got experiernce of similar issue? UE49NU7100 tv has dark shadow on left side of screen. About 3 yrs old so would expect its not under warranty but also not sure how to check. 

Have completed recommended checks i.e. surge protection, and comfirmed its not just source issue. Its a little disappointing and not the first time have had issues with screen on samsung tv - will be stayinIMG_20211120_130453.jpgg away in future

27 REPLIES 27
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Problem with the picture on my TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/
0 Likes
colwalsh
Student
Options

thanks...I had already seen that but believe the issue is likely hardware related, not related to source and fails picture test

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @colwalsh ,

if the TV doesn't pass the Picture test a repair will be required. As the TV is out of the warranty period, you will need to contact your nearest Support Centre directly to get this arranged. 

0 Likes
batfinkx
First Poster
Options

Hi @colwalsh, this exact issue just happened to my 5 year old Samsung UE55KU6400, just wondering whether you fixed or not. Cheers. B

Fordy07
Apprentice
Options

Mine is exactly the same and 3 years old has anyone found what the issue is and how to rectify it?

Options

I have the same issue. TV is not even 2 years old. Never buying samsung again.

Jrssrj
First Poster
Options

My tv is doing the same thing and it can’t be more than 3 years old. 

Leegs54
First Poster
Options

Same issue. I've gone through diagnostics, etc.  Unfortunately I'm faced with having to purchase another set (it won't be a Samsung) and I'm not purchasing a service plan that costs more than the TV as suggested by Samsung manager. Ridiculous! Samsung needs to make this right!!!

Wimvb
First Poster
Options

Same here. Happened from one day to the next. TV is 3 years old. This is what it looks like when it becomes really bad.

@Samsung: Any comments??

BF6ED393-8C44-48CD-BF84-74B5F5E99312.jpeg