Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line across bottom edge - NU8000 TV

(Topic created on: 14-08-2018 07:39 PM)
AJames
Journeyman
Options

I wanted to see if anyone else has observed a slightly darkened edge along the bottom of the screen.

I have the 55" NU8000 (not sure if it's unique to this model, or exists in other). Additionally, the bottom corners are slightly darker too. The line is about 1/4" or so... Pretty slim, but when watching TV I notice a distinctly faded edge along the bottom, though the line isn't distinct when watching from couch-distance. (some photos are below, although the line didn't come through very well in the photos)

Samsung was kind enough to replace the panel (which I'm very thankful for). Unfortunately, it turned out that even the replacement panel had the same problem! The service technician said since they both have the same problem, then there's nothing he can do about it, as it must be a manufacturing problem that is persistant in the panels throughout the product line... So, I'm wondering if other people see this line present, and if it's worth requesting another replacement for a potential solution.

The defect seems somewhat minor, but when I spend this much on a TV I hope to keep around for 5-10 years, I had hoped for a better picture. I've seen cheaper TVs (both Samsung TVs and other brands) that have a better edge-to-edge uniformity. Besides this line across the bottom and the barely faded corners, this is an excellent TV - I love the picture otherwise, the aesthetic design, and the UI/operating system... Just wish this issue could be resolved.

bottom-right detailbottom-right detailbottom-left detailbottom-left detail

full screenfull screen

31 REPLIES 31
Ludvig1
First Poster
Options

thank you for the actual picture...yeah I thought I was going crazy.  Mines 30 days old and is there also.  I can stop standing a foot away staring at it now.  

0 Likes
pablo_arg
First Poster
Options

I have a new 65Q70T, same happens, a permanent dark edge all aroud the screen, dissapointed.

0 Likes