Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dailymotion Bug

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 12:50 PM)
KMRSW
Student
Options

I've got the Samsung Curve tv, relatively new with no issues at all. I usually stream a series on Dailymotion but as of recent, when I go on the website I can't enlarge the screen, change the quality, pause, rewind etc. but plays perfectly fine from time to time just without these options. 
Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this? I've never had this problem before and I've been using it for a while, it seems to work fine on my other devices and when I use other websites I don't have this problem either.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options
Hi @KMRSW. Hope you're doing well. Are you trying to use Dailymotion from the browser, or an app? Can you please confirm the model of your TV?
0 Likes
reesemcd
First Poster
Options

Samsung smart tv user here. Original poster is definitely using the Samsung web browser. I also noticed all controls disappeared from the website while using this browser. Videos will play from start to finish and you cannot interact with them at all ( no pause, fast foreword/rewind and no full screen).

I downloaded the dailymotion app from the Samsung tv store and have a much better experience. Unfortunately  there is no foreward/rewind functionality.  These functions not working are annoying but at least I can pause.

I also downloaded the dailymotion app for iOS (iPhone). The application is great except for one problem with casting to the Samsung tv via a chrome cast ultra. If you switch to another application on your phone it will automatically pause the show on the tv. I find this super annoying as I like to research topics (using my phone)from what I am watching(on the tv).

I also went to the dailmotion website on my laptop using the chrome browser. The site works perfectly. I cast to my tv via chromcast ultra and have full functionality. 

So in conclusion, if you want to successfully watch dailymotion on a Samsung smart tv, simply spend ($2000 on a laptop, $1000 on a iPhone, 700 on the TV and $150 on a chromcast ultra) $3850.

edit: just confirmed rewind and fast forward now working on the Samsung smart tv app so full functionality!

0 Likes
KMRSW
Student
Options

Thanks sooo much! It works on my laptop and phone as well! Will try get the app then! Where exactly is the Samsung tv store? I can't seem to find it! 🙈

0 Likes