Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 08:10 AM)
Toffeecris
Journeyman
Options

The service i have had off samsung is a disgrace, 4 phone calls and two engineer visits and they say my tv is within parameters, absolute joke. suffering terrable refresh rate resulting in a unwatchable, jerky, picture at times. service enginner says my TV has problem but ignorned by samsung. anyone else with the same issue?

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Toffeecris  Appreciate the frustration,  it would be helpful if you named the model, has the engineer been more specific?  Whilst may have been checked can you verify your TV has the latest firmware at Samsung Support https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Toffeecris
Journeyman
Options

Morning James,

TV model is QE55QN95AATXXU. The enginner has stated refresh issues leading to jerky picyure when any panning is happening on screen. The picture is also very noisy and keeps going blank when watching via HDMI, i have replace all my HDMI cables for new 2.1 HDMI cables. I have checked and my firmware is up to date, this was also comfirmed when the engineer attended my property to carry out a manual firmware upgarde. My TV firmware was more upto date than the one he attended to carry out. Samsun agreed to attend again, at 09.16 am on Tuesday to carry out repair then cancelled two hours later the same day. I am getting very upset at the service given, bearing in mind this is a flagship tv with Q symphony sound bar.

Please help.

0 Likes
Toffeecris
Journeyman
Options

Morning James,

TV model is QE55QN95AATXXU. The enginner has stated refresh issues leading to jerky picyure when any panning is happening on screen. The picture is also very noisy and keeps going blank when watching via HDMI, i have replace all my HDMI cables for new 2.1 HDMI cables. I have checked and my firmware is up to date, this was also comfirmed when the engineer attended my property to carry out a manual firmware upgarde. My TV firmware was more upto date than the one he attended to carry out. Samsun agreed to attend again, at 09.16 am on Tuesday to carry out repair then cancelled two hours later the same day. I am getting very upset at the service given, bearing in mind this is a flagship tv with Q symphony sound bar.

Please help.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Toffeecris  can you confirm you have the 1904 firmware https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55QN95AATXXU/

Is the issue with all HDMI connections or paricular ones, in other words are you able to switch any around?  New cables  can certainly help with issues but in some cases it is a more pressing problem. can you adjust the HMMI-CEC setting in Extrnal Device Manager to see if that makes a difference,in particular with the blank issue. If it is turned on switch off and vice versa.

Have you tried adjusting the pixture settings to see if that has an effect, generally  I find syandard the best but you can obviously try other ones and can adjust contrast,sharpness,local Dimming  and so on.  However aware this may not sort the problem. some general information here https://www.samsung.com/settings 

Generally the recommendation is to have Auto Motion plus turned off or at a low level but you can make experiment for the best images. https://www.samsung.com/Auto Motion Plus If you have an intelligent mode you may need to adjust that https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-the-intelligent-mode-of-samsung-...

Best to have the eco setting off for the best picture. know that with some Tv's some customers found Game Mode to be temporary fix  to problems but this is not ideal.   However if to no  avail idea  disconnect devices, factory reset your Tv and then connect again. If no resolution though you should press Samsung again, they can reset the HDMI connections via remote support but engineer may have done something like that.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Toffeecris
Journeyman
Options

20220321_050529.jpg

20220321_050518.jpg

 James,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have tried all the above solutions, to no avail and have attached a picture of my firmware status details. Any more advice would be graetly appriceated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Toffeecris  Than you for confirming.  The only other thing I can suggest are to check /adjust colour space Settings and the white Balance but not sure that will fix matters.  You could also  try the HDR Plus setting but only really meant to be used for HDR content.  

Can you run the picture Test, Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test.   You will shown a series of images with suggested troubleshooting  if there is a problem detected.  

0 Likes