Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

crackling noise

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 01:36 AM)
resuvt
Journeyman
Options

Is it normal to have a very faint crackling sound from the back of the tv (#QN700A)? Only audible when the TV is silent. Sounds like a very distant fireplace, can't hear it while other sounds playing so not a problem but just wanted to check that this is normal

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm wondering if the mains plug is fully pressed in to the back of the TV?
0 Likes
HBGM
Explorer
Options
I had this problem before, but not with a samsung tv but with another smart tv and I did a factory reset on the tv and started again like it was new and that sorted the problem with the sound. By try that, I hope that helps you 🙏
0 Likes
resuvt
Journeyman
Options
It is fully inserted. I might try the other cable to rule that out
0 Likes
resuvt
Journeyman
Options
Might be my last resort, I might have an overly sensitive pair of ears.
HBGM
Explorer
Options
Is it with all media, ie sky, virgin, Netflix or prime, if so I think it might be the last resort, all you would have to do is sign into any accounts again and setup wifi, I did mine in less than 10mins.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's not normal, does it happen if you mute the sound? Or have it on any input wth no signal eg. an HDMI port either with no cable connected or the device that is connected turned off. If it does, I'd suspect an electrical fault.
resuvt
Journeyman
Options
You may be right about it being an electrical fault. The sound comes from the back of the TV not the speakers. I wasn't sure if the TV operates silently or not with thousands of LEDs firing up each second.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It should be silent, I'd get in touch with Samsung to get it looked at because it's not something you really want to take a chance on
Solution
resuvt
Journeyman
Options

An update, just in case anyone is interested. Turns out the circuit board was faulty and was changed. Haven't had that issue so far.

0 Likes