Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked stands ue48j5500

(Topic created on: 22-05-2019 07:31 PM)
Millythecat
First Poster
Options

Wondering if anyone has issues with hairline cracks in there tv stands , my first stand developed a crack a year into owning the tv , it got progessivily bigger so I bought a second hand one off eBay which arrived with a hairline crack in the same place, customer support have been robbing me off , must say very disappointed in their attitude which will reflect in my decision when it comes to replacing the number of Samsung appliances in my house.

8 REPLIES 8
Couchpotato
First Poster
Options

Yes I’ve just noticed a crack on my stand too...just spontaneously appeared....not an impact or anything like that

just about to have a go at Samsung to get a new one

tony_doherty
Apprentice
Options

Yes - me to.

Cracks at both extreme ends of the stand - UE49MU6400

Guna
Student
Options

@Millythecat wrote:

Wondering if anyone has issues with hairline cracks in there tv stands , my first stand developed a crack a year into owning the tv , it got progessivily bigger so I bought a second hand one off eBay which arrived with a hairline crack in the same place, customer support have been robbing me off , must say very disappointed in their attitude which will reflect in my decision when it comes to replacing the number of Samsung appliances in my house.

Hi, my stand has cracked on each end. We have been wondering why for ages, until I just googled and found your post. I think it is a really poor design and is not fit for purpose. It should be replaced free of charge.

0 Likes
Eu17
First Poster
Options

Yes mine has cracked too at both ends, emailed Samsung not interested just told me I can purchase a new replacement for £60.

tony_doherty
Apprentice
Options

Is there any guarantee that a new stand will not crack in the same way?

Mine is now cracked at both ends.

For around £60 I would be looking to change to -

https://www.theplasmacentre.com/tv-stands-and-av-racks/tv-stands/b402bs.html

0 Likes
tony_doherty
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE

Currys UK have the AVF stand in silver finish on special limited time offer:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/tv-stands-and-tv-units/avf-b4...

0 Likes
Guna
Student
Options

Samsung should own up and replace the stands, they are not fit for purpose.What is the email address to send complaints to?

0 Likes
LLW
First Poster
Options

Yes! Had a spontaneous cracking appear on ours a few months after getting it. So frustrating to know its there.

0 Likes