Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Amazon Fire Stick by Samsung Smart tv remote

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 04:48 AM)
SR50
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV  ( UN75RU800DFXZA ). I connected a Amazon Fire 4k tv stick. After connecting fire stick, the tv automatically sync the remote. So I can control fire stick with Samsung TV Remote (also with fire stick remote) and this is greate. But the problem is, I can go to the Home page of amazon fire stick with samsung remote. Once i press the HOME button of the Samsung remote, it opens the Smart hub of the tv, not the amazon fire stick home page. to go to the fire home page i have to use fire remote, which is annoying. Can any one tell me how to navigate to amazon fire stick home page using samsung smart report while using any app on the fire stick?

29 REPLIES 29
theinstructor
First Poster
Options

Hopefully this works for all you guys.mine is working perfectly after going through everything.
Problem: TV wasnt detecting FireStick(so you can have the pretty icon)
- 3 HDMI Inputs being used but i have 4 devices[I usually plug out and switch to the one I would like to use]
- Devices: Amazon Firestick, Ps4, Reolink security box, ([stb box from service provider for tv channels]*remember this one*)
Solution
• Turn off TV
•Plug out all HDMI cables from television
• Turn back on TV
•Plug back in the firestick [first]
It will then detect your fire stick and your Samsung remote will then be able to operate it.
• Then plug back in your ps4 and whatever device you have to plug in
(If you realize that the Samsung remote isnt working with firestick after you plugged in all the other devices it means ONE of those other devices is preventing the remote from working with firestick.[in my case it was the stb box from the service provider] .Find which device it is and plug it out. 
Thank me later

Max19821
Student
Options

Hello. I had the same issue.  Tried all solutions listed to no avail. Then, I restarted my firstick itself using the directions below. It worked!!!  My Samsung universal remote is now working with firestick.

1. You can Amazon Fire Stick Restart using the Fire TV remote.
  2. Press the Play/Pause and Select button simultaneously.
  3. Hold the buttons for at least five seconds.
  4. The Fire Stick will start to reset on releasing the buttons.
0 Likes
rootedandriod
First Poster
Options

I can and have overcome what your describing by using a $15 -20 universal remote from walmart that has the grouping customcustom button included with a "123" in. You program your source inputs into that custom button which has more settings and you can give each device priority or rules ex:when your in the firestick pressing the home button does "fill in the blank with what you want, then create the rule for what happens when your on a different source device ..on one tv I also had to change the cec settings on tv menu to somthing similar to my setup , ex:cec tv,streamer,soundbar. 1 remote I have working is a ge, then, a one for all, and the all time hated beam remote that I think I'm the only one that has it working correctly. All of them I got at walmart I actually like the beam the best, but dont recomend it unless you are an super nerd or a tv repair technician. TVs I have is a samsung 60" and a sharp 70". I wouldn't try googling around for the answer as much as would googling how and what cec is and learning some clif notes about current remote styles and how the work

0 Likes
disappointed215
First Poster
Options

i have tried all the suggestions i've ever read about concerning the samsung hd tv and the amazon fire stick, my recommendation is to never buy a samsung tv again as it will never work correctly with the fire stick

tpierce
First Poster
Options

@theinstructor wrote:

Hopefully this works for all you guys.mine is working perfectly after going through everything.
Problem: TV wasnt detecting FireStick(so you can have the pretty icon)
- 3 HDMI Inputs being used but i have 4 devices[I usually plug out and switch to the one I would like to use]
- Devices: Amazon Firestick, Ps4, Reolink security box, ([stb box from service provider for tv channels]*remember this one*)
Solution
• Turn off TV
•Plug out all HDMI cables from television
• Turn back on TV
•Plug back in the firestick [first]
It will then detect your fire stick and your Samsung remote will then be able to operate it.
• Then plug back in your ps4 and whatever device you have to plug in
(If you realize that the Samsung remote isnt working with firestick after you plugged in all the other devices it means ONE of those other devices is preventing the remote from working with firestick.[in my case it was the stb box from the service provider] .Find which device it is and plug it out. 
Thank me later

I want to say THANK YOU! We are in the US not the EU, but this worked like a charm! 

It was easy and quick. 

Thank you!! and God Bless!!

SherB
Journeyman
Options

If I understand correctly, you can do a couple of quick presses of the back-arrow button. Depending on the app you are using on the Firestick, it might ask you if you are sure you want to exit, or just take you straight back to the Firestick home page. I think there is an app that doesn't recognize either and I have to find the "Exit" option in the menu. Not as easy but does get you there. Without going into the Samsung menu. 

0 Likes
hildebrandtony
First Poster
Options

Use the exit button. Just keep pushing it and follow prompts, it gets you home.

0 Likes
AreMTron
First Poster
Options

Press "Tools" button on Samsung remote.  Press down to select "Fire TV Stick MENU" and press "Enter" button.  You're welcome.  😎

0 Likes
Members_ltQUpOE
First Poster
Options

Thanks!

0 Likes
WaltBabyLuv
First Poster
Options

This works, thanks.  All I had to do was unplug the fire stick, turn the TV back on and the plug in the fire stick again.  

0 Likes