Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly losing HD TV channels

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 09:06 AM)
Sarah111
First Poster
Options

Keep losing all UK HD TV channels. Tried retuning with the hope of resetting but because of the horrendous Samsung TV Plus, it just seems to find those channels and think its done when there is no aerial. Also, still seems to pick up BBC1 etc. when the cable is unplugged 🤦🏻‍♀️

Does anyone have any step by step guides (ideally with menu pictures to make sure I cannot go wrong) on the retuning process please?

This forum is shocking, mobile version is glitchy!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you saying you're trying to tune in without an aerial?
0 Likes
Sarah111
First Poster
Options

Yes. The other forum posts suggest turning off the TV, unplug aerial, retune to clear the cache, then retune with the cable plugged back in. 

I was worried people would direct me to the existing posts but I should have been clearer that I tried those but Samsung TV plus seems to pick up non-HD channels that I would usual get on the aerial.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not sure I agree with the advice you have been given. Can you confirm what model tv you have?
0 Likes
Sarah111
First Poster
Options

Oh gosh, I forgot the most important part. It's a Q80T 2020 model (QE65Q80TATXXU)

Thank you

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ha! It's easy to do. Please try this to reset Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset

BUT please Try switching off the standby auto-tuning beforehand.

0 Likes
Sarah111
First Poster
Options

Sorry for the delay I had to go away for a few days.

My settings do not have those options home > settings > support > {options are software update (set to auto and running 2014 which feels old but pressed update now and this is the latest), device care, open e-manual, remote management and about this tv}

Tried Device care and it came back as Good.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hmmm Can you try a returned with the aerial in just for digital channels. This should pick up both SD and HD channels. The HD channels usually load at the end. When complete go to 101 and see if you have the HD channels.
0 Likes