Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues QLED 2020 700T

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 10:10 AM)
rowey5
First Poster
Options

I've had a brand new 700T for 6 weeks now, with SKY Q 2TB box and HWQ70T soundbar attached,  and had been working fine up until this week.

First noticed an issue when looking to use Amazon Prime video and after initially saying the device was offline (even though it wasn't and Netflix/Apple TV work fine) now doesn't even go that far and just starts to load then stops and looks to crash out entirely. Also won't download any apps from the apps page of the Smarthub, again saying no connection to internet when there clearly is.

Then noticed the TV was no longer connected to SmartThings or my Amazon Alexa account. Tried to reconnect with SmartThings and the app recognises the TV is there and asks to connect but continually fails to do so.

Finally, went to Netflix again yesterday(on TV not Sky Q) and found I had to log in with my Netflix details afresh every time I open Netflix so not saving any account details on the TV.

I'm making the assumption this has something to do with latest firmware update (TV is on 1402.6) but wondered if anybody else had any similar issues and has managed to find any simple workarounds?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
rowey5
First Poster
Options

So problem still persisting, despite numerous soft resets (hold power off until logo appears), powered off and unplugged, rest router, factory reset and hooked up TV via ethernet rather than Wi-Fi and still no luck. Amazon Prime Video just refuses to work, even while Netflix, AppleTV and Disney+ work perfectly fine on the same TV.

After the factory reset can no longer connect my TV to Smarthings however. Recognises the TV is there, asks if I want to connect, pin poops up on TV which I then input into app on my phone, then the TV, for some reasons, switches from wired to wireless on the network settings and loses all connectivity to the internet. Only way to get connectivity back to fully power TV off at the mains and leave for 30 seconds before powering back on!

Is anybody else having Prime Video and Smartthings issues on the 2020 QLED TV's?

0 Likes