Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Connecting headphones

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 04:52 PM)
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Trying to connect wired headphones to Samsung smart tv. There is no headphone Jack.  I have used an adaptor connected to red/white AV Jacks but still no success. Any suggestions?

28 REPLIES 28
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Hey thanks for your help with this. I got the optical cable and that works a treat. 

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I am glad your problem is resolved. What i was saying was that people could get more accurate & speedy response if they would provide as much technical data as possible.
Anyway , it's good that problem is solved.
Take care & do not hesitate to post again if you have any further questions. 👍👍
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Also , i did tell you you as well what are your options 🙂

Screenshot_20201203-165422_Samsung Members_6923.jpg

0 Likes
Connecting headphone
First Poster
Options

Can anyone help, just bought a Samsung UE50TU7020KXXu. The problem is I have discovered that it has no Bluetooth and no jack socket for earphones/headphones. Not the smart TV I thought it was. I have Sony WH-CH700N headphones (Brand New) which I would like to use with the TV especially at night. Question is, do I buy a Bluetooth sound bar and link via optical cable and will this allow me to connect my headphones to the sound bar or do I just connect an optical cable and get some more headphones with transmitter that plugs in, any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Shekha
First Poster
Options

@DUMITRU79 wrote:

What type of TV do you have ?

Hi can you help me please I am trying to connect wired headphones to my samsung tv. The tv is from John Lewis here is the link 

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue55au7100-2021-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-55-inch-with-tvplus-black...

Tamara1231
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung TV (model code UE40MU6120) attached to a TV bed and want to connect wired headphones. Please could you explain to me how to do this? 

I have tried plugging the headphones directly into the tv and changing tv speaker to audio/optical in the tv settings. No sound comes out.

I then bought one of those digital to analog converters and plugged the red and white cables into this converter to the amplifier speaker under my bed. This didn’t work either.

Thanks in advance.

Tamara

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tamara1231: Does your TV have a 3.5mm headphone jack? If not, what type of headphones are you attempting to connect to the TV? Having looked into this, you may be better off using Bluetooth headphones, as they can easily be paired via Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, and will allow more freedom of movement while you're watching your TV. 

Rashesh
First Poster
Options

Un60d6000

0 Likes
Skeeter1107
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Smart TV 55 CU7000D. I'm trying to connect a Sennheiser LDR120 transmitter for HDR Headphones. I've got the Optical Cable and Digital to Analog Audio Adapter. I want to use the Headphones and a Samsung Soundbar at the same time. What Setting do I use on the Samsung TV?

0 Likes