Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Connecting headphones

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 09:37 AM)
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Trying to connect wired headphones to Samsung smart tv. There is no headphone Jack.  I have used an adaptor connected to red/white AV Jacks but still no success. Any suggestions?

28 REPLIES 28
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Great, thank you. So presumably I connect the red and white terminals to the red and white in the tv? And the headphones to the other (yellow) terminal?

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
You would connect the headphone jack to the front jack input( has this on it 🎧 ) and the red & white from bix to the red & white on your TV. Also , there's another way to connect the box to your TV :through that connection called "SPDIF" . You would need an optical cable for that
0 Likes
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Excellent. Thanks so much for your help. I’ve already ordered it

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
No worries. Take care & i hope this fixes your issue.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you managed to connect your headphones ?
0 Likes
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

No I’m afraid not. I bought the adaptor you suggested plus the red/white RCA cables and connected it all up but no joy, the sound still comes out of the tv

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried changing the sound settings in the TVs sound menu ?
0 Likes
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

Yes when I go to the sound menu it only gives me 2 options: tv speaker or optical

0 Likes
Solution
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Well , if i knew from the start at least the model , we could have avoided this . Can you get an optical cable and plug it in the adapter box and the other end in your TV ?
0 Likes
Georgelisle
Journeyman
Options

I did say it had an optical terminal on the back. Well this solve the problem? I read that the optical facility is principally for speakers