Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused and need help regarding Samsung TVs and Sky Q

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 01:24 PM)
ce3k
Journeyman
Options

I want to buy a Samsung QLED 4K TV (55") and use the slim One Connect box to connect to a Sky Q Box (and also a DVD player). I plan to wall mount the TV and use the 'invisible' single cable to run across the mantle piece to the One Connect Box, which will be connected to SKy Q via HDMI. I will need to upgrade my existing Sky Q to the 2Tb version in order to get UHD.

I'm nervous because there seem to be many issues reported over the last couple of years regarding Sky Q connectivity with Samsung TVs.

I just keep going round in circles trying to establish how to avoid any of these issues before spending a lot of money. We're both retired now and as we love our Sky Sports we just want a good 4K TV that will connect via a single cable to the One Connect Box and into Sky (we also watch Netflix, Prime Video and Youtube all via Sky Apps).

Can anyone please comment on the following:

1. Which Samsung TVs (2020 onwards and 55") can use the One Connect Box and is the box included in the total price?

2. Which of these Samsung TVs work via the One Connect Box with Sky Q without any issues and can the Sky handset be programmed to operate all of these TVs?

3. If I'm to upgrade my current 1TB Sky Q Box to the 2Tb one, does anyone happen to know if Sky provides the right kind of HDMI cable to attach to the One Connect box?

Anything else you can think of that I might need to know?

Many thanks!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
1. Depends what tv what you the 2022 model 55" is £2.400.
2. I have the 65" with sky q 2tb no problem connecting.
3. Sky include a good hdmi.

Hope this helps
G G
ce3k
Journeyman
Options

Yes it helps a bit thanks, but I wanted to know which TV models work without any issues with One Connect and Sky Q, because I've read that some models do and some don't.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry the 2022 qe55qn95b
G G
ce3k
Journeyman
Options

Ah ok thanks. Unfortunately that's way above my price range.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
The one connect has had some issues i had a qe65qn95a with out any issues connecting sky but alot of people have had. So it seems hit and miss and alot of money to play russian roulette with
G G
ce3k
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. That's exactly what I want to avoid. It's so frustrating 😒

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you got your heart set on using the 1 connect box as last years qe55qn90a has good reviews roughly the same features just with out the one connect
G G
ce3k
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately yes. It's the only solution to avoid multiple wires to the different devices. Can't chase out the brickwork (especially as the room has just been decorated) and don't want ugly trunking. So one wire from the TV to the One Connect box would give me the best solution.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes I mentioned in another post, I have the same tv and issue with sky, one connect box
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes