Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloured vertical lines on UE65KS9000

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 07:52 PM)
Members_bozCmae
First Poster
Options

20201219_074503.jpg

My four year old 65" KS9000 has recently decided to stop working with a colourful but useless screen as shown in the pic here. Other folks seemed to suggest replacing the main board so I tried that but the result was the same. I've checked all the cables and for any signs of burning on the components but all looks fine. Does anybody have any ideas? This is pretty poor for only a four year old premium model.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
m78
Explorer
Options
yep bout right 4 years & dead i replaced with an LG & of course 2½ years later backlights failing so have to get another new TV. thankfully got 6 years store warranty, but don't expect the next to last any better no matter the brand
0 Likes
lovepreet
Explorer
Options
It happened because you might use your T.V more than average which results in screen burning and dead pixels.
Or maybe someone in your family hit your T.V with something.
0 Likes
Members_bozCmae
First Poster
Options

It's certainly not screen burning or dead pixels and no one has hit the TV. It's been on the wall and I'm the only one in the house. It happened very suddenly without anyone being near it. As for watching it more than average, I doubt it. To add insult to injury, the approved Samsung repair technician onw refuses to look at it because I've opened it up myself. Clearly they think that customers are morons. Samsung's quality and support standard continue to sink lower and lower in my estimation. I certainly won't buy a Samsung TV again after this farce.

0 Likes
Members_bozCmae
First Poster
Options

Furthermore, I have two other LG televisions in the house which are much older and still going strong.

0 Likes
lovepreet
Explorer
Options
I own a Samsung 8K T.V too and it's great but it was definitely not a good idea to open it's yourself. Sorry but I'm defending Samsung here.
Members_bozCmae
First Poster
Options

Is everyone seriously that scared of electrical items that they wouldn't open them to have a look themselves? If I had to pay someone to fix every electrical device that's ever gone wrong I'd be somewhat poorer. I've fixed a number electrical items by simply opening it and putting it back together or replacing a blown component or internal fuse. Anyone with half a brain can do what I've done.

By saying that only manufacturer approved technicians can work on a piece of technology means that the manufacturer maintains a monopoly and can charge you a fortune to fix the item or they can simply say it's not worth it; therefore encouraging you to add to the ever increasing mountain of waste that we're all creating as a society. It's in the best interest of any manufacturer to discourage people with any level of competence from having a go themselves. It's very easy to take the back off a flat screen TV in case anyone's wondering. Common sense precautions are of course advised. If you don't have any common sense or are a half-wit, don't do it!

0 Likes
Mcshaney
Journeyman
Options
That's probably the response you'd get from any manufacturer. He doesn't know what you've done to it.Are you a Tv engineer.?
0 Likes