Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Colour Settings are greyed out when source is a PC

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 01:43 PM)
akhttp
First Poster
Options

My TV model is UA43N5300AS, the other day i connected it to my PC via HDMI, and i found the colors to be too vivid and unrealistic, i went to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings, but the Colour and Tint options are greyed out, but they are available when source is TV, is there a way that i can make them available or adjust the Colours? i tried to mess with the White Balance but it didn't help

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
noargos
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue when attempting to use my TV as a 3rd "client viewing" monitor for my Mac based Avid editing system. The options to calibrate the screen are no longer available when the PC graphics card is driving the Samsung HDMI output. The solution MAY be to go into advanced mode under the WHITE BALANCE MENU where offset and gain can be adjusted.

0 Likes
NewtoEarth
First Poster
Options

I m having same issue. Most of the pictures settings in Expert settings are greyed out. Colour cannot be changed, no HDR+. can someone reply please.

0 Likes
hatedforhisnamesake
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and I called samsung. All of the greyed out fields are for the TV only, when coming through a PC or other device the TV tries to set the color and tint as close as possible. The pixels on the PC are too high . If you can adjust the color on the pc it will work to the tv. I can't so use an apps on the tv to by pass the PC

0 Likes
hatedforhisnamesake
First Poster
Options

see above response for solution

0 Likes
Solution
Brent Pearson
Student
Options

I don't know how it works on your model, but on my model Samsung Crystal Series Tu7000 I finally figured out what to do after listening to a lot of unhelpful advice like 'adjust your computer color settings' blah blah blah.
When I select my input using the 'source' button on my remote, there will be an arrow above where it says 'pc'.  Push up and there will be an option to edit the device. Select 'game'.
Your TV will now treat your pc as if it is a game console and you will have all those adjustments available to you, including game mode.

ghosts82
First Poster
Options

exactly this!  Thank you, problem solved. And thank you Samsung again for not reacting any of these problems... Man they s*** nowadays

DarGrz
Journeyman
Options

Thank You. Your solutions helped. 

Members_1LunRyQ
First Poster
Options

thank u very much!

0 Likes
Grey Fist
First Poster
Options

I just went through all the annoying “sign up to join the Samsung community” bullshit just so I could say that you are a genius and thank you so much for figuring this out and posting it.