Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codec AV1 Youtube 8K

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 06:03 AM)
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all! Is there any chance to get the codec AV1 to play youtube 8K videos on the Q900R,Q950R,Q900RB? Like new Samsung models Q950T  presented at CES 2020 will be able to play 8K videos on YT, what about us owners of 2018 model? Thanks

156 REPLIES 156
thutch
Navigator
Options

So... it’s the end of the year and we still don’t have an eARC update as promised.  Initially we were told it was due to CV19 and was delays till late summer.  I’m getting a bit fed up when companies who deliver services hide behind COVID as an excuse to poor delivery.  Sort it out Samsung! 

0 Likes
Lord_Sirius_a
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Lord_Sirius_a
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20201213_104910.jpg

0 Likes
Ivan Carmo
First Poster
Options

I live in Brazil and I'm facing the same problem: Samsung tech support says YouTube is to blame. I answer that the same did not happen with 4K videos and also with color TVs of the last century. all equipment must reproduce the content made available by the generators in the resolution offered at the time of sale. it would be the same as a car not accepting fuel sold in a different place from which it was purchased. I'm going to sue Samsung

0 Likes
Ivan Carmo
First Poster
Options

it turns out that the 2020 models; 2021 and 2022 are compatible with YouTube 8k. whoever bought the first 2018 and 2019 models became a victim of Samsung's marketing experiences, which is not responsible for this

0 Likes
Ivan Carmo
First Poster
Options

will it only be with AV1 or with all the video codecs that will be released? Will this TV model ever play 8k video?

0 Likes
Ivan Carmo
First Poster
Options

so far no available 8k video can be played on this model. Most likely the same will happen with other 8k sources available in the future

0 Likes