Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed caption Not Consistent or Reliable.

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 02:17 AM)
GINA RODZZ
First Poster
Options

I bought the
"82 inch TU700-D, Series Crystal Triple Ultra HD Smart TV, #UN82TU700DFXZA.

TH

The TV'S CLOSED CAPTION  ONLY WORKS 35% OF THE TIME!!

It's Incredibly Frustrating & Excruciatingly Exasperating to even try to watch TV on my new, big, TV. 

"WHY IS THE CC SO HIT & MISS, ALL THE TIME?" It'll be going great then all of a sudden all the Words will be completely gone.  

I've talked with GEEK SQUAD, SAMSUNG PEOPLE & NO ONE CAN MAKE IT WORK RELIABLY. 

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO CONSISTENCY.  IT DOES NOT  WORK  CORRECTLY WITH MY DIRECT TV/ AT&T CABLE BOX.   IT'S AWFUL WITH  NETFLIX. PRIME, ETC, AS WELL. 

"WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PLEASE FIX THIS?"

(Sadly, I end up watching TV on my tiny Cell phone, which is awful because I also have limited eyesight. )
So Non-working captions, on my new, giant tv,  is a huge issue for me. Totally Dissatisfied.

Non working, Inconsistent Closed Cap Service Is absolutely HORRIBLE,  FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE A HEARING DISABILITY.  

PLEASE, PLEASE FIX IT ... & TELL ME WHAT TO DO, to fix it. 
Please don't tell me there's  Nothing I can do to remedy this faulty system. If you can't fix it can you Please take it back & give me ANY OTHER TV, THAT'S 82 INCHES SMART TV,  WITH WORKING CLOSED CAPTIONING

( TV is my favorite thing to do. Now it's Frustrating  & depressing, because I only get to read a very small percentage of the Program  Storyline, with this Awful  CC Samsung  Smart TV Service. 

I need to ask family members, to explain what happened in the shows...  but most of the time I'm just out of luck because no one's here to help  me.   

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. 

Kindest Regards 

Can't take it anymore.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Captions
First Poster
Options

I hear you. It's the same for me. The TV is 32 inches, and yet the captions are white smaller than 8 across. Yesterday they were extra large and in Magenta. So I contact them in chat. The agent I speak with tells me it s because of Sling TV. Well it worked great yesterday, and when I said this to the agent, he of course had no rebuttable. I can't hear or see well. What a waste money this TV was. 32 inches wt 8 inch captions. I  can't even return the TV now, since that it's over a week old. My ten year old Sony worked better than this.

0 Likes
Captions
First Poster
Options

Also I have no idea why the word  i d i o t  is crossed out with ****. Since when is that a dirty word. I edited the reply to remove that word, but the employees for Samsung are I D I O T S.

0 Likes