Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check device power on AU7100

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 06:51 AM)
Kicker
Explorer
Options

I see this error regularly even though the cable box is on. I've changed the hdmi cable and we have to fiddle around with different hdmi ports to get it to work. Is the TV faulty

10 REPLIES 10
Kicker
Explorer
Options

The support team say it's down to my internet router.

How is the router linked to the TV not recognising the cable box 🤔

Also this worked fine with my previous TV

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kicker : Please can you attempt the following steps to see if you're able to resolve the issue.

1. Remove and attach the HDMI cable; otherwise, replace with a new HDMI cable.
  2. Try all available HDMI ports on the TV to see if the issue persists.
  3. Check for any available updates ( Home - Settings - Support - Software Update - Update Now ).
  4. Reset the TV to its default settings ( Home - Settings - Support -Self Diagnosis - Reset ) OR ( Home - Settings - General - Reset ).
0 Likes
John Gorman2
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have a problem with this too: 

56EFEBD6-A92A-4C94-AEC2-99ACE41CA869.jpeg

Incredibly frustrating having to unplug and reinsert the hdmi cable numerous times daily just to watch sky.  Never had this issue with my Sony tv, nearly at the point of returning the tv and I’ve only had it a couple of months. 
Any help or advice would be appreciated, it happens in every hdmi port I plug sky into.  Shouldn’t have to keep taking the hdmi cable out to fix. 
Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Trucker21
Explorer
Options

8206A1C9-D452-4F0D-9F1F-E8C28AB30DDF.jpeg

 Same thing just happened, waited a minute to decide what to do and tv came back on, Weird ? 

0 Likes
Randomname2456
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue, tried all the ports and different hdmi cords. Does it every time I turn on the tv. The only solution is to immediately turn everything off and then back on again and that somehow works. But they really need to patch this.

0 Likes
Trucker21
Explorer
Options

Samsung always deny anything wrong or won’t accept responsibility so hopefully will be resolved in next software update. Was able to favourite my Virgin media channels before but not now only Samsung tv, which I’m not interested in 

0 Likes
DND1
First Poster
Options

Found your question and could not believe I’m not alone! This is more than frustrating… we now have to plan to watch TV as we turn the tv on, go in the other room, do stuff, then come back in many minutes later for this brand new tv to “discover” our cable box. Still no fix after this posting a year ago?

0 Likes
Hello15
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

0 Likes
Hello15
First Poster
Options

How do I fix that problem I try updating, switch everything off and switch on again nothing changed

0 Likes