Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Editing / Transfer Channel List

(Topic created on: 15-01-2020 02:22 PM)
damien1138
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have just purchased a Brand New 2017 Smart TV Model UE55MU6120 in the UK.

My previous Samsung TVs have all had the ability to edit the channel list, for example, move all the HD channels to the top of the list, so when I click 1 I get BBC 1 HD, when I click 2 I get BBC 2 HD etc.

If i go to Channel list --> Edit Channels , the option to Rename Channel is grayed out

Why is this feature not available ?

I have tried editing the Channel list by selecting Settings-->Broadcasting-->Expert Settings-->Transfer Channel List

Exporting the Channel List via USB, editing the list on my PC, then importing via USB

This does work but when the TV is switched off at night and turned on the following morning it has reverted back to the standard Channel list

Why is this happening ?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
GB1981
Student
Options

im having the same problem id like to know how to move my channels bbc hd, itv hd etc to channel 1 rather than 101 etc ???  help please and i cant get hold of a manual either its driving me mad . 

Baz22
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with Q7, just want HD channels as 1-5.

ClaudiuP
Apprentice
Options

Try to export the channel list and edit with this site http://www.samychan.com/  and import back. Be carefull to  turn off automatic channel search in stand-by.

Fliptophat
First Poster
Options

I would like to put the HD channels at the start of the list but the renaming channels option is greyed out. Can you fix this Samsung? I have the UE43NU7400. Cheers. 

Also how do stop it auto updating if in standby, as mentioned above?

jacobsdad
Student
Options

I have the same tv and have the same issue. Have tried 3rd party sites and can edit the channel list but am unable to load the new list to the tv. Really poor for a new tv not to have the ability to edit channel list!!!!!

Rob01792
Student
Options

Same problem on my week old q80r again i want the hd channels as 1 2 3 4 5 

Could do it on my 4 year old sammy 

Does anyone know if samsung will implement it on a update

Im starting to think i should send the tv back as its really annoying me 

MAHDOSE
First Poster
Options

I have exact same issue for NU7100. Even third party SAMYChan has no option for N series (2018 model). There is no option for Transfer Channels, management of favorites and sorting channels is horrible, needs hours and hours  to set hundreds of channels in favorites!

0 Likes
Mjcp123
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem with my Samsung smart tv. I am trying to change bbc 1 hd to channel 1 and all of the other hd channels to channel 2,3,4 etc... 

I have tried changing the channels however the channel renaming button is also greyed out. 

S_Newton
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue on my Q80R, i cant understand why this feature is no longer available.

Is this forum monitored by Samsung can we get a response?

0 Likes