Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caught in a wireless connection loop

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 05:24 PM)
danwebbo
Student
Options
My Samsung tv won't connect via wireless connection, it will start to load when you click onto wireless connection but will stay on the swirling circle page and then exit it after around a minute. It will bring me back to the network connection page and that's it. It will allow me to connect via wired connection but won't load at all for wireless. It used to connect but now it doesn't, I've reset it twice and made sure all of the updates were complete and it still won't load. Can anyone help?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @danwebbo. I appreciate that you'll be wanting to unleash the potential of your TV by getting it connected to a Wi-Fi network. I understand that you've already reset your TV twice and have checked for software updates.

Please can you let me know the model number for your TV and when you started experiencing an issue with the wireless connection (just for context)?

The product codes are located on a label on the back panel of your TV. 

0 Likes
danwebbo
Student
Options
QE55Q6FAMT - started happening last week, no noticeable changes that would've caused this
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's great. I am confident you'll be up and running very soon. Have you had the opportunity to go through all the steps provided on the webpage below, @danwebbo?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-internet-connectivity-for-sams...

Please let me know if these help you establish a stable wireless connection again.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@danwebbo  A few points to mention is addition to the helpful advice @PaulM1  posted.

Some ideas not mentioned include the following:

switching off Tv for a minute, a soft Reset (pressing and holding power button on Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until Tv restarts ) and rebooting router(unplug from mains for at least 30 seconds.  There are a few other DNS options if need to set it manually other than the Google servers.  For instance  208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

Some information  in this article https://thevpn.guru/configure-samsung-smart-tv-dns/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

danwebbo
Student
Options
Is there any way to send videos on this platform? I'm sorry to say none of these options helped 😔

It won't allow me to even get to the lists of available networks, so I can't alter the IP address, it's only letting me change wired for some reason.

When I choose the wireless option it gets caught in a loop and doesn't go to the next page
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Oh, that's very strange that none of the steps resolved this, @danwebbo. You can certainly upload a video by using the editor/console when typing up a post - just click on the video camera icon (if you hover over the icon, it will mention "Insert Video") and you can then insert a video from your computer, Gallery or YouTube.

As an alternative to doing this, you might prefer to reach out to our dedicated Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Whichever method of contact is best for you, I remain confident that you will get this resolved. 

0 Likes
sa598
First Poster
Options

Hi, did this ever get resolved? I am having the exact same issue 

0 Likes
Kajeki
Student
Options

1000042729.jpg

Same issue. First it was intermittent wifi, then it Suddenly stopped working. Reportedly, it's a network hardware piece needs to be replaced (pcb antenna/Wlan). I wasted at least 2 hours troubleshooting this WITH a representative and combing the internet. Samsung 43tu700dfxza. Seems to be a recurring issue with the TU700 or TU7000 series in around 2019/2020.

You may spend a lot of time trying to fix this only to realize it is a HARDWARE not software issue in the end. 

The main steps before that are simply:

1) cold boot: 5 seconds power button off then it turns on

2) unplug modem, router, and TV for 30 seconds. Plug them back in in that order.

4) reset network settings

5) factory reset tv

6) connect with Ethernet cable and update firmware. And maybe repeat steps 1-5. 

7) change DNS manually to 8.8.8.8 if you can even get to this screen, (but this is a last ditch effort, usually useless since the TV isn't getting any wireless signals !!) 

5) if that doesn't work it's probably the hardware, and a technician will have to take about 5 minutes to replace it once they arrive at your house.

I'm almost at this step to scheduling a technician. Will update if technician is actually an available option and how soon they can arrive....

I've had many Samsung TV's and products but this is the first time a network adapter conked out. Very weird. 

0 Likes