Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch up apps not storing login.

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:35 AM)
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

TV - 50TU8500.

Since update T-NKLDEUC-2200.9 catch up apps like BBC Iplayer and ITV hub require me to login in every time the TV is turned off.

Turning the TV on if I go to BBC Iplayer I am asked to go to the BBC accounts page to sign in. I do this and can then use Iplayer. Once the TV is turned off the login details are gone and if I want to use the Iplayer I have to go to the BBC accounts page again to sign in. It happens every time the TV is turned off.

Has anyone else found this is happening?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Elvis67 you have the latest firmware ,some Members in the past found that turning off tracking and private browsing sorted the issue. Settings- Broadcasting-Hbb Tv- Turn off Tracking and Private Browsing. This will only work with Input set to Freeview If does not solve it try unplugging for 30 seconds and/or a Factory Reset and if that does not make a difference advisable to reinstall the apps.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Hi JAMES.

Thanks for your reply. I already had tracking and private data turned off.

I spoke to a Samsung tech via chat who said to unplug the TV from the mains for 30 seconds. I did that but it did not fix it. He then got me to do a factory reset which (I thought) worked. I thanked him and ended the chat.

The factory reset had signed me out of all the apps I use. I went through them adding all my logins and when I went back to iplayer it had signed me out again. I signed in again and watched the UHD test, exited out, opened up Amazon Prime video, watched 1 minute of a stream, exited out and went back to iplayer and it had signed me out and was asking me to sign in again.

TBH I'm giving up using the TV to watch TV, I'll only use it to watch Youtube, Amazon Prime video and BT sports app. I have a 4K Youview box which I'm going to use to watch TV and for catch up apps. I bought the TV so I only needed the Youview box as an extra recording device and to cut down on remote controls being used.

PREVIEW

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Elvis67 oh right,pity the recommended solutions did not work.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes