Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting YouTube from phone to TV

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 08:45 PM)
rugbykiwi
Journeyman
Options
I have found it difficult to cast to my Samsung TV from a phone. I used to always be able to cast through WiFi, but it seems the only way now is to link via TV code. This means that I have to open YouTube app in the TV before being able to cast.
I used to just be able to cast from YouTube on my phone and it would start the YouTube app on TV.

Anyone else have similar issues?
7 REPLIES 7
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, firstly try connecting your phones Bluetooth to the TV, then try it.
Then, it should give you an option every time you pause the YouTube app on your phone to cast to the TV.
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
I had similar issues casting all from any app. It took a bit of fiddling about, restarting the chromecast and then deleting it from the home app and then reinstalling it (although it wasn't actually finding it at first, then just suddenly worked) Does your phone connect to the chromecast in the Google home app? If not try remove it and set it up again
0 Likes
rugbykiwi
Journeyman
Options
I don't use Chromecast, just cast to the TV itself.
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Ah ok. In that case go to the app settings. Go to the bottom and click show system apps then click chromecast built in and then clear cache and force disable then re enable it
0 Likes
rugbykiwi
Journeyman
Options
Is that on the TV or phone?
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
On the tv
0 Likes
trojan75
Explorer
Options
Exact same problem with mine too even chatting to one of Samsung tech guys was of no use use I've even tried all 5 of the stupidest most complex ways of fixing zlthis issue but when I want to cast to utube its works fine with rhe press of a single button ! Have u tied updating the smarthing App and re registered your devices via smartthing App ? Oh and just to makes things harder for us I think too the bloothtooth has to sepparate sharing options that have to be on to
0 Likes