Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast to Samsung TV UE50ES6900

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 08:31 AM)
Bozidar1
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung TV model UE50ES6900 and I am trying to find a way to cast wireless from my iPhone, do you have any suggestions?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
With Samsung phones you can use smart screen or mirroring. Not sure with IPhone but when I go to my friend's house he does it via YouTube I.e there is a cast symbol in the top right corner. It's worth a try as sometimes you can cast via an app? Could be dependent on the TV and settings? Hope this helps
0 Likes
Bozidar1
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
Bozidar1
Apprentice
Options

Hi PaulC, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I am unable to connect to my TV as I do not have the YouTube app on my TV anymore as it was removed by Samsung as an option some time ago. When I try and cast via YouTube it looks for a pairing code but for this you need the YouTube app on the tv for it to cast.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Have you tried the air play option? Check if your tv supports it.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you, I didn't know you needed the youtube app on the TV too? I'm sure you can add the YouTube app in the app settings on your TV I.e download it? If it is not possible the only option may be to get a firestick, TV box or chromecast so you can connect to them instead whilst playing through the TV. Firesticks are usually OK as they are very small so are hidden behind TV in the HDMI slot
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
PS I've just read that samsung TVs from 2018 onwards support Airplay2 from iPhone. I don't use iphones so I'm not familiar with how to work them but if it's a newish TV there should be a way of doing it. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Bozidar1
Apprentice
Options

Hi Paul, my TV dates back to 2013, and unfortunately the YouTube app was removed and not available for download, but we did have it initially when we bought the tv. I will look into the Aiplay2 option or Google Chromecast as it is more convenient to use wireless than using a hdmi cable.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Both chronecast and firestick connect to your TV via an hdmi cable. You then connect to them wireless lying. Firestick is probably better as it has a smart menu similar to your smart TV. I'm not sure with Chromecast last time I used it you connected to it via Google chrome from a laptop or phone but can't remember if it gives you a menu like a firestick or TV box
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I'll be very surprised if any Apple product would communicate with a Samsung product. My mate who's got an iPhone couldn't even send me a picture direct to my Samsung via bluetooth!
0 Likes