Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Captions on screen despite settings turned off

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 01:20 PM)
MTB48
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung QLED Q60A 32 TV with the captions settings turned OFF.  Yet the captions still appear across the screen.  Please advise.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

On TV
Go to the Samsung Home Screen,

Then select Settings. Choose General > Accessibiltiy Menu. Select Caption Settings, then choose Caption to turn them off, assuming subtitles are already on
0 Likes
MTB48
Apprentice
Options

As I said, General > Accessibiltiy Menu > Caption Settings is already turned off yet the captions still appear across the screen.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I did find this page That may help

Closed captions and other accessibility settings for your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062238/

Try clicking captions
On then off
Do you have another remote
If so try that remote also
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When do these captions appear? Is it with broadcast TV programmes, Sky or similar, streaming apps such as Netflix?
0 Likes
MTB48
Apprentice
Options

That page talks about captions setting:  on/off )I have it on off) and various appearances (I don’t care how it appears - I don’t want it to appear at all) 

0 Likes
MTB48
Apprentice
Options

It appears during broadcast programs but not during commercials.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try
Uplug TV from the wall let it sit for a few seconds 15 or so then plug it back in

Or try below

Using remote, Turn TV off for about 15 seconds.. no need to unplug. Turn TV on ..(don't worry about captions still there). Then   Turn TV off again for about 15 seconds....... Turn TV on again.... This time you should see the Smart TV heading..  When the Smart TV  heading clears  the captions  will have also cleared
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Solution
MTB48
Apprentice
Options

My wife just figured it out: captions were somehow accidentally turned on at the FIOS cable box level.  Using the FIOS remote control, instead of Samsung TV remote control, she pressed “CC” and the annoying captions disappeared!

0 Likes