Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant change channel without turning TV off

(Topic created on: 11-12-2016 04:09 PM)
Holmesat8
Apprentice
Options

After the TV has been on for about 5 minutes, when you change channel the screen goes blank and the sound goes off.  To continue watching you have to turn the TV off and then back on again.  After 5 mins or so you also can't change the volume, look at TV guide aswell as change channel without turning it off and on again. This applies to both remote and using the controls on the side. I have tried re tuning it and a factory reset, i've tried checking for software updates - the current version is 2009/02/26_001001.  Please help before I end up chucking it out! and not replacing it with a Samsung.

Thanks

The model is Samsung Sync Master T220 HD

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Holmesat8!

Do you use an extension lead or have your TV connected directly to a socket? 

EmmaS

0 Likes
Holmesat8
Apprentice
Options
TV is directly plugged into wall socket.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks. What other devices do you have connected to it? And how long have you had the TV for? 

0 Likes
oto
Pioneer
Options

It may have problem with power inverter board which was typical issue for pre-LED LCD monitors(capacitor plague). Low quality chinese knock-off capacitors have gone bad.

0 Likes
Holmesat8
Apprentice
Options

Nothing is connected to the TV, it's just the TV plugged into the wall and the aerial. We've had the TV since 2009.

0 Likes
oto
Pioneer
Options
If it is hardware issue it won't be possible to fix it here. At first bring to some local TV service, not to Samsung partner service as it will only diagnose that TV is bad and that no repair parts available for such an "old" device.
0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Are all cables connected nice and snug? It may be worth having an engineer take a look. Here is the link for our Support Centres

EmmaS

0 Likes