Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot input digits to PIN

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 04:25 PM)
advance512
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have q UE43MU7000 Samsung Smart TV from 2018. SmartHub apps do not load - they get stuck on "Loading..." message. I tried to reset the TV, or reset the SmartHub. Am required to enter a PIN, and get an on screen numeric keypad. Selecting numbers there does not input anything to the PIN 4 character boxes. Even using a classic remote with digits fails, as does an Android based virtual remote. I just cannot input any digits to the PIN, and so cannot reset the TV. What can I do?

24 REPLIES 24
Aja1216
First Poster
Options

Was this resolved? I have the same issue. All apps that require the keyboard doesn't work. I can't reset cause of the issue mentioned above. 

0 Likes
DanyWincent
First Poster
Options

Any findings here. I have the same problem.

advance512
Student
Options

My issue ended up being a USB drive that was defective/slow. When I detached it and reset the TV, everything was back to normal.

Solution
LLS1
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and what ended up working for me was a manual pairing of the remote to the TV. I held the back button and the play/pause button down together for a few seconds to pair. Once that was done, when I hit the 123 button, a number pad popped up to enter the pin. While the rest of the remote had previously worked without the manual pairing, the 123 button did not until after. Hope this helps others.

(1)
J_Nev
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem and this worked for me.

Thanks very much for posting this fix - I was at it for an hour before I found your post.

Cheers.

Bfish
First Poster
Options

I'm running into the issue of trying to enter/create a pin, but when prompted to enter 4 digits, the onscreen numeric keypad doesn't even show for me.  Very frustrating.

Longleaf
First Poster
Options

This worked!  Thank you so much LLS1!

0 Likes
Love2
First Poster
Options

Worked!! Thanks LLS1 😄

0 Likes
Rocky82
First Poster
Options

When at the prompt to enter your PIN, hold down the “123” button until numbers appear at the bottom. It may actually be a hold down and then release after a few seconds process; I’m not sure as I don’t recall exactly, but it did work. Hope it works for you, too. 

0 Likes