Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get teletext on new UHD TV

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 06:25 PM)
StPauli
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can give me a bit of help.

I have setup my new 65" UHD TV and after checking everything was correct in settings etc I have found that I cannot access the teletext service when pressing the TTX/MIX key on the remote, a box opens stating "Not Available", as I used the teletext service quite a lot on my last TV (Sony Bravia UHD) I find this a big loss, the red button does not access the service Im looking for either.

Any help getting teletext to work would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stephan.

56 REPLIES 56
Backofthenet
Journeyman
Options

I posted back in 2020 on this topic so they still haven't listened.

In fairness I purchased from AO and I was able to prove that Samsung advertised the TV with Teletext and therefore they were breaking their contract. AO offered me a full refund or a replacement set from a manufacturer  whose TEXT function worked. I took the latter and am still using and happy with that set.

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

You were lucky, and "well done" AO

Sadly I brought mine from Argos, and as it works (shows pictures)  they aren't interested. With their current Customer service attitude (actually taking money for goods they haven't got, then delying refunds for ages) it's no surprise.

I wish Samsung would do the honourable thing (well they are asian), admit their wrong, and either provide a firmware upgarde that DOES solve the problem, but that's as likely as climate change disappearing this christmas

0 Likes
suke
Journeyman
Options

The first post on this topic was made in April 2020.  It seems that Samsung either do not read these comments or are simply not interested in solving the problem.  I am sure that a firmware upgrade would resolve this but may be its a bit too difficult for Samsung to do.  Solve the problem yourselves by using your feet as some people have done and buy anything other than Samsung or LG.  Merry Xmas and a happy new year to everybody

0 Likes
latical
First Poster
Options
How does it work through a dvd player?
0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

simple answer, also resolves all other Samsung TV issues.

SELL the awful Samsung TV and buy a better model. I've brought a Toshib, it runs CIRCLES around the Samsung in terms of user compatability

0 Likes
suke
Journeyman
Options

You’re dead right.  Next tv I buy won’t be a Samsung or LG.  Neither companies are interested in sorting the teletext issue out.

t

0 Likes
Chris_M
First Poster
Options

This is happening more often. Try buying a Roko TV there support is better. 

0 Likes