Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get teletext on new UHD TV

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 06:25 PM)
StPauli
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can give me a bit of help.

I have setup my new 65" UHD TV and after checking everything was correct in settings etc I have found that I cannot access the teletext service when pressing the TTX/MIX key on the remote, a box opens stating "Not Available", as I used the teletext service quite a lot on my last TV (Sony Bravia UHD) I find this a big loss, the red button does not access the service Im looking for either.

Any help getting teletext to work would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stephan.

56 REPLIES 56
AndrewL
Options

@DuggleBB: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this issue. Can you try heading to Settings > General > Accessibility to see if teletext can be enabled from here? 

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

No it CAN'T been there twice now. The Firmware won't allow changes to enable.

The set is rubbish, Samsung's attitude is appalling "well we've got your money so tough!". I'd get rid of the set but Argos won't accept back as Samsung won't admit there's anything wrong with set. It's customer relations, Russian Style it seems

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Set has now lost BBC1 & BBC2 twice today.

Retune, check channel is there, then a couple of hours later it's gone, YET AGAIN!

0 Likes
J Perks
First Poster
Options

My QE55Q60RAT Gave up the Ghost (on 28-09-2021) after just 19 months and it was a great set. It got Teletext ok when connected to Freesat. J Lewis 5 Yr warranty kicked in but the set was not repairable because parts were no longer available!!
Obtained a New QE55Q80A (13-10-2021) and set it up exactly the same but Teletext does not work!!
I Have tried all the suggestions but no Joy!

Does Samsung visit this site?

If so, come on Samsung let’s play the game fair and please reinstate this feature After all you are purporting to provide the ability to use it by still having the feature on the Remotes provided with the new TVS 

Many people require the Teletext service as you will see if you view the internet and not providing it is a serious degrading of your products

Please release an update that allows this service to still be available.

The Lucky One
First Poster
Options

Hi anyone, I am new to the forum. Here just to let you all know the trick in order to get my BBC teletext service as follow : GO TO SETTINGS, DISABLE THE INTERNET NETWORK. RESTART THE SET. THEN THE BBC TELEXT WILL COME BACK AS BEFORE. In this case you NOT able to use Internet service like YouTube, nestflix... Etc. If you want to use these services. Just enable the network again, but you will not able to receive BBC teletext. Hope this will help all people out there to get BBC teletext. I couldn't live without it, it so convenience. 

0 Likes
UncleToad
Student
Options

That is is an interesting suggestion. I will try it on my own Samsung TV.

However it seems strange that you would need to turn off networking to access this service.  It means that every other service, such as iPlayer or More4 would also be lost.

I suspect that what has really happened is that Samsung saw the notices from the BBC a couple of years back that they were going to discontinue their text service and assumed that this was actually happening and hence removed the functionality from the TVs.  Whereas in the end, the BBC decided NOT to discontinue the service, but Samsung have not bothered to reinstate it on their TVs.

DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Tried it on my useless UE32T4307, and it doesn't work.

You then have the hassle of regenerating the wifi login as well as yet another design cockup of samsung is that the network credentials don't get stored so have to be re-entered. Add to that no headphone outlet, no bluetooth and one has to wonder why samsung are rated so great, I'd suggest even Clive sinclair's products were better.

0 Likes
The Lucky One
First Poster
Options

IMG_20211129_124710.jpgSorry to hear it not worked for you. On my hitachi and Toshiba set I gotta net work choose disable. TV off, on again. Then BBC teletext back on again very happy. I could up load the picture as proof if need. Keep trying it might work for you. I have to use amazon fire TV to received other services like BBC iplayer,youtube,my5,nestflix.... In order to keep my BBC teletext. The choice I have to choose. Because I love BBC teletext so much. 

0 Likes
Members_Snce2ML
First Poster
Options

Oh thank to Lucky One. It is working!

0 Likes
Raymond 1
First Poster
Options

I to have just bought a new Samsung 50in TV can't get Teletext either spent over 30 minutes on each live chat with Samsung was told that it doesn't work try red button which does not work but having read your comments I tried my Panasonic dvd and hooray can now get the Teletext again thanks

0 Likes