Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get teletext on new UHD TV

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 01:48 PM)
StPauli
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can give me a bit of help.

I have setup my new 65" UHD TV and after checking everything was correct in settings etc I have found that I cannot access the teletext service when pressing the TTX/MIX key on the remote, a box opens stating "Not Available", as I used the teletext service quite a lot on my last TV (Sony Bravia UHD) I find this a big loss, the red button does not access the service Im looking for either.

Any help getting teletext to work would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stephan.

56 REPLIES 56
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

IT DOESN'T WORK, SAMSUNG TV'S ARE CR8P THESE DAYS, FAIL TO SEE WHY THEY THONK THEYARE SO GREAT.

HOW ABOUT A SOFTWARE UPDATE TO RE-ENABLE IT (LOL)

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

OUT OF DATE, BBC have decided to KEEP the Text Button service as it's of use to elderly persons who don't want the awful internet version

0 Likes
Paulyuk6
Apprentice
Options

Well I just bought myself a UE50AU9000KXXU which is the new 2021 model from Currys/PC World.

As with everybody above, the TEXT/MIX button just gives a 'Not Available' message when it is pressed. I can still get the full screen Red button service, but I much prefer the TEXT/MIX service as it does not take up the full screen, and it is easier to navigate.

My 2 year old Samsung TV, in my kitchen, works fine. So why can't the new Samsung TVs? !!

0 Likes
Homersam
First Poster
Options

Hello backofthe net, which toshiba model no.  did you get that worked with text,  i  also got a Samsung with "not available" message

0 Likes
Backofthenet
Journeyman
Options

Hello

it is a Toshiba 55UL2063DB 

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

No You CAN'T get Classic Text i BBC Radio on the TV. Fake News!

0 Likes
Members_euZ3xB5
First Poster
Options

8 months later than that post and my LG still displays BBC text but my new Samsung says 'Not available' - progress?

It is still great facility for very quick check on latest news, sport results or  city news, etc. without interrupting  TV program.

0 Likes
Michael J
First Poster
Options

Hi Backofthenet I would very much appreciate it if you can tell me if you can have a split screen ( watch BBC news whilst also reading the teletex/ceefax ) on your Toshiba 55Ul2063DB TV, regards Mike

0 Likes
Backofthenet
Journeyman
Options

Yes using old fashioned teletext you can watch TV at the same time as going through the text pages - the only time text takes up a full screen is when looking at the weather maps - apart from that TV screen is always visible.

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Lucky you, my NEW cr*p UE32T4307 doesn't show text pages get the "Not Available" message.

Why Samsung can't admit they've got it wrong, and offer a firmware upgrade for all models that does allow Teletext to work is beyond me, it might actually get some customers to feel marginally better about their arrogance and rubbish products

0 Likes