Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot do anything on the TV - let's start with Settings

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 02:03 PM)
ChanelCinq
First Poster
Options

So I bought this new TV and then left for Playa Del Carmen the next day.  I got it to work and I was airplaying with my MacBook.  

Now I cannot AirPlay or even get to the settings.  So I click the home button and it has some apps and there is a sidebar that has a search at the top, then a gaming icon, and then an icon that looks like a play button, and then a large space, and the last icon is 3 bars.  I assume the 3 bars is where the settings are.

So when I click the left button to get to the sidebar a channel comes up and it says "You've got good taste.  This channel is being featured." Then the next line says You can watch it on channel 1002 and at the bottom it says Samsung TV Plus.  And this happens over and over and over again.  

I cannot get to the settings and I am beyond frustrated.  At this point, my brand-new TV is an expensive, giant paperweight that I want to throw through the window.  Please help.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@ChanelCinq: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device. In the meantime, the Settings menu is typically accessed by pressing the Home button on your remote, and scrolling all the way to the left of the series of options at the bottom of the screen. It should be clearly labelled 'Settings' with a cog symbol next to it. 

0 Likes