Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you feature just one photo across the entire screen in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 01:57 AM)
ScottT
Student
Options

Hello, is it possible to upload and feature just one photo in ambient mode across the entire screen, and if so how do you do it?

Or are you limited to just uploading photos to on-screen photo frame template that has boxes for a number of smaller photos?

77 REPLIES 77
Adam123
Student
Options

The Q90R’s been the worst product I’ve bought in years. Samsung not even being able to solve these kind of things is beyond me. The inconvenience and instability in the Smart Things app is beyond me. Regular disconnects and long loading times…

Anik2
First Poster
Options

I wish this feature was possible. I dislike how much space the passe partout frame takes 

Members_eaBLXLE
First Poster
Options

To feature an own taken picture on the background fullscreen is not possible

0 Likes
JarleH
Student
Options

Yes it is possible by doing the following procedure. 

• Crop your photo to exactly 

resolution: 3840x2160 px

• Upload the photo to you TV
  • When selecting the photo on you TV choose to select passepartout
  • Swipe left and choose no passepartout

Using this procedure I am able to get my own photos full screen on the TV.

0 Likes
piphat
Explorer
Options

Depends on your model. On the Q90R it is not possible.

0 Likes
illbigwill03
First Poster
Options

I’m unable to locate the “screen photo” option under my ambient settings of model QN65Q TV. I’ve also tried cropping a photo to exactly 3840x2160 px and uploading to no avail. I’m not seeing a remove passepartout option. I’m guessing my TV doesn’t support that option like the many others? 

0 Likes
obrienjm
First Poster
Options

I have 75" Q8DT (from Costco -- essentially the same model as Q80T) that I purchased in Aug 2021, and I was able to do this for my photo. It was originally 16:9 taken on a iPhone. I didn't have to resize it. While I understand that not every model Samsung TV may be able to do this, perhaps it will help others in a similar situation:

• I made sure the photo on my iPhone was 16:9
  • In the SmartThings app on my iPhone (connected to the TV), select "Ambient Mode"
  • Select the tab "My Album"
  • Scroll down and select "Screen Photo" (the next selection after "Auto Gallery")
  • Select "Select Photos", select the desired photo, and then select "View on TV"

That was it. I didn't have to adjust anything else.

0 Likes
obrienjm
First Poster
Options

"Screen Photo" is under "My Album". It's in the SmartThings app. I did this on my iPhone, not the app on the TV.

0 Likes