Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you feature just one photo across the entire screen in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 01:57 AM)
ScottT
Student
Options

Hello, is it possible to upload and feature just one photo in ambient mode across the entire screen, and if so how do you do it?

Or are you limited to just uploading photos to on-screen photo frame template that has boxes for a number of smaller photos?

77 REPLIES 77
FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

is anyone interested in a class action against Samsung, they clearly advertised Ambient mode without a boarder.

Max11111
Journeyman
Options

Yes

0 Likes
SteelRain23
Student
Options

It is full screen but not with your personal photo, people have been complaining about this non-feature since it was introduced, but Samsung do nothing. Surely it would be an easy firmware fix.

Jitskeharm
First Poster
Options

I’ve bought the Q95. With the Smart things app you can select any photo from your device and show them FULL SCREEN. 
Open SmartThings

Select Ambient mode

Select My album

Scroll to Screen Photo (underneath Auto gallery)

Select photo’s

I hope this will work for you too!

piphat
Explorer
Options

Trying to re-reply as Samsung website had an error just as I was finished writing. 😞

On the Q90 I don't have that option.

Under my album I have:

Mono 4K (Very large frame)

Board (Multiple small pictures)

Mono Matt (Very very large passeportout. More than 50% of the screen is used for the passeportout)

Monthly Calendar
Daily Calendar
Duo (Two small pictures with a very large frame. Again more than 50% of the screen is used for the frame)

It would be so simple, and useful, with a true full screen option.

Lubbi
First Poster
Options

I just bought the Q80T model and also had a hard time finding the full screen picture mode. 

First problem was that my Tv was on cable so i couldn't transfer any pictures from phone at all - switching to wifi fixed that.

Second problem was getting rid of the passepartout - Its not under Auto Gallery or Mono but under Screen Photo.

Getting on Screen Photo on TV will not let you add your own pictures only show default picture.

From Smart Things app you can select My Album and then scroll down to Screen Photo and select button Select photos - then select Change photo and then Show on TV - that worked for me.

Also notice that under Gallery when selecting photo there is a dropdown under where you can Select folder.

0 Likes
Marco_R2
First Poster
Options

Hi. I dont see this menu on my Q950R. I only have Mono, Mono Matt, Calendar, Duo... but no Screen Photo. Is this only available on 2020 models? Would be a bummer...

0 Likes
MattyHi
Apprentice
Options

I can only create mono photo with border, worse the seamless background feature will not accept a photo but you have to take the photo live [which I am not able to do to make it blend]. This with other features does cause some frustration, sadly Samsung is missing a trick and big feature here. Ideally the ambient mode feature could play a secondary photo source via smart box or gallery mode enabling us all to play a full photo UNLIMITED gallery in both full screen or border including mode formats such as weather, time or date etc.. I cannot forsee how such a creative company has been so uncreative or limited in its approach, except to say that if another TV manuafcturer comes up with it I am losing my Samsung TV allegiance because it never fulfilled its seamless screen design and was misold to me, making me a dissatisfied Samsung consumer! 

0 Likes
Andreso
First Poster
Options

Removal of the border around a custom user image is a very much required feature of Samsung TV Ambient Mode.

Matt69
First Poster
Options

I was finally able to use my own photo in Art Mode without any mount!

First of all, the dimension have to be exactly 16:9, down to the pixel. I had tried selecting a 16:9 crop in the Photos app on my iPhone and then in PhotoShop, but it turns out this did not make the picture exactly 16:9. It would be off by one or more pixels.

Second, the picture needed to be large enough. I first tried with 3600 px x 2025 px with 72 pixels per inch. This allowed all sorts of mounts, but not "No mount". I then doubled the length and width and increased the ppi, giving me: 7200 px x 4050 with 300 px/in. This worked! Now my picture fills the whole TV, as is possible with pictures from the Art Store!

I've tried to include a photo but it disappears when I post...

I have a 43" 2020 model.

Hope this helps! 🙂