Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you feature just one photo across the entire screen in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 01-08-2019 10:25 PM)
ScottT
Student
Options

Hello, is it possible to upload and feature just one photo in ambient mode across the entire screen, and if so how do you do it?

Or are you limited to just uploading photos to on-screen photo frame template that has boxes for a number of smaller photos?

77 REPLIES 77
Thomas3535
Apprentice
Options

Yes please, can you let us disable the passepartout/frame in ambient mode on our own photos ? Samsung Tv Q85R

FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

Having come from Panasonic,  I find my Q9 very disappointing.  It's as if no one at Samsung knows anything about TVs. 

The connection cable does not fit through a standard conduit, the mounting is in a unique position and now this.

How simple should it be, I don't want the stupid Samsung Boarder, I want my Photo full size on the screen in Ambient mode.

Only brought the Telly as I have a couple of Note 9s and thought we could link to the telly, you cant even do this, only one phone at a time.

Samsung, you really need to think about the customer  we are not an irritant, we fund your company.

AVisser
Student
Options

To leave the passe partout out is actually possible. Also quite easy to do. But not with the app. You have to do it directyl on the tv itself. ( I have the Frame 55 inch QLED). It works as follows:

Make sure the pictures/photo's you upload to your tv/ the frame have a 16:9 ratio. 

then go to your collection on your tv with the remote.

Select the picture.

then go to options (option above the picture) for the specific photo/picture

then you can choose the colour of the passe partout but also the type of passe partout. 

you have three options (shadow, modern and no passe partout)

You only have these options when the photo is in a ratio of 16:9 (which you can easily do on your iphone). 

Hope this works for you. Good luck!

AVisser
Student
Options

Hi, see my latest reply. It's actually possible to leave the passe partout out

0 Likes
onesim
Voyager
Options

I guess this topic is related to QLED 2018 models.

"The frame" series has different features that probably allows more options that are not included in QLED 2018 TVs.

There're a couple of ways to show a full picture: using the gallery app, or an usb stick. But this imply the tv is on at full power and is different from using the ambient mode, that is supposed to be a low power mode, suitable to be enabled when is required to keep the tv on several hours with a static image.

0 Likes
Kurzie
Explorer
Options

Thanks Onesim. Can you describe how to show a picture in full screen (even if not using ambient mode)? Thanks!

0 Likes
onesim
Voyager
Options

Put the picture on a usb stick, plug the usb stick to the one box, and select the usb stick as source. select the picture you want to display. That's it

0 Likes
Kurzie
Explorer
Options
Thanks will give it a try
0 Likes
SteelRain23
Student
Options
No sign of options on my Q6f 65inch screen
0 Likes
onesim