Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't turn off judder reduction

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 11:11 PM)
sparkie115
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung tu8000 and a few days ago I turned judder reduction up to 10 just to see some video game environments in fake high fps and then I turned it off but ever since then i still have the effects of judder reduction even though its at 0, I've tried multiple things like reseting picture settings, factory reset, resetting my xbox series x and its still active.

this is really annoying as when you turn your camera or a character moves around quickly a weird laggy(?) aura effect is very noticeable and it's giving me a headache. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @sparkie115  Do you have the latest update 2303.1 (would be displayed as 2303 on Tv)  If not available OTA  can be downloaded to USB and updated that way.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50TU8000KXXU/ 

Have you actually tried turning off all the Picture Clarity Settings, if deactivated the Judder  Reduction would be greyed out rather than for instance being zero.  Motion  settings shown in this article https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu8000/settings#motion-settings  know you have tried several "fixes" though. could also  adjust the Game Mode Settings as described above.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sparkie115: For clarity, please can you let me know how you enabled Judder Reduction, as I am unable to find reference to it in the user manual? In the meantime, please head to Home > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Picture Clarity Settings, and explore your options from here. Also, head to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Game Mode Settings > Game Motion Plus Settings, and adjust this to your preference. 

0 Likes
sparkie115
Apprentice
Options

I changed judder reduction on game motion plus settings.

General>external device manager >Game mode settings>Game motion plus settings. 

0 Likes
sparkie115
Apprentice
Options

I have my TV updated to that version(2303)Picture clarity settings are greyed out due to game mode being on and in game mode settings I've tried to disable game motion plus so judder reduction is greyed out but I still have the effects.