Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off auto-update - UE40NU7120

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 10:25 PM)
paulgl
First Poster
Options

Foolishly, I updated the software on my UE40NU7120 a few days ago using USB since, inexplicably, my relatively recent TV doesn't seem to have enough storage space for the update without a USB memory stick.  Now on version 1300.

However, rather obtrusively checks for updates every time the TV is switched on.  There's an option in the menu to control auto-updates - but it makes no difference and checks whether it's ticked or not.  I'm thinking there's a bug in the software, though I don't see anyone else complaining about this.  It is just me?  Anything I can do about it?

Cheers,

Paul

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
paulgl
First Poster
Options

I think I've managed to resolve this.  The update package I copied to the USB stick contains a file called "SWU_AUTO_FLAG", containing just the number 1.  I assumed the TV looks for this file and then runs an update if present.  Presumably , during the update process, it should either change the value in the file to 0 or delete the file, but this wasn't happening, so it was checking for update every time, since I left the USB stick plugged in.  

0 Likes