Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't screen share from Android

(Topic created on: 15-12-2020 01:02 AM)
eduardb15
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm on Android 10 and cannot screen mirror to my tv. I've a Samsung 8 series tu8500 class 55 inch. 

All is connected on same wifi. Phone is registered on TV. This is what I see when I try to connect from my phone.

Screenshot_2020-12-14-21-56-03-965_com.milink.service.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-14-21-56-17-594_com.milink.service.jpg

  

IMG_20201214_215631.jpg

Side note , I can cast Netflix and YouTube no problem.

7 REPLIES 7
heyinzy
Explorer
Options
have you made sure you've turned on a smart feature from your TV

for example I had this problem not too long ago but then I hadn't realised that I needed screen mirroring on my lg tv which fixed the problem

there's different types of screen sharing apps on different tv's. make sure yours is on or else it won't work
0 Likes
heyinzy
Explorer
Options
its called screen share on Samsung TVs
0 Likes
kenners
Journeyman
Options
I had a similar problem on my S9+. Mirroring used to work brilliantly with the old Samsung Connect app (which I had on my S7).

I found that uninstalling the SmartThings app from my S9+ solved it.

Don't know why, but the ST app was blocking the Mirror function for my TV - as in, it would get to the same connect screen as you, but then both devices (on same Wi-Fi network) would say 'connection failed'. Every time.

I was able to cast photos to my TV, or videos, but never my screen.

Mirroring now works flawlessly - I press the 'SmartView' Quick Settings toggle, and my phone mirrors to my TV.

It does mean you have to do without SmartThings, but I've personally found it's less hassle without it installed.
eduardb15
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

Thanks for your response. The screen sharing tool is on my tv but my phone just will not connect to it 

0 Likes
eduardb15
Apprentice
Options

Hey, there's no app called screen share for Samsung new models. It's in built on the TV's it seems 

0 Likes
eduardb15
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

I don't have a Samsung mobile device. I have deleted the smart things app to try your suggestion but it has not worked 

0 Likes
eduardb15
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone else or any Samsung support have another suggestion ?

0 Likes