Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive live BBC channels on new Samsung AU7100

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 11:42 AM)
Jj100
Journeyman
Options

My mum got a Samsung AU7100 for Christmas and wants to watch, mostly, the traditional terrestrial tv channels 1,2,3,4,5. Have tuned the tv for her area and can receive channels 3 onwards but no BBC channels. Can access iPlayer fine but would rather press no1 and get BBC1. Tried holding down Guide and selecting terrestrial etc but no change. Hoping someone has solved this issue. 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Using a coaxial cable, connect your TV (through the TV aerial input) to the TV aerial. ...

Power up your TV and input your wi-fi network and password.

You will then be prompted to tune your TV to find the available Freeview channels. ...

Once your TV is done tuning, save the channels to start watching.
0 Likes
Jj100
Journeyman
Options

Hi xSteveuk,
Those are the steps I went through to set up. It’s set for our area and we can access the internet for all the on demand channels fine. It’s just the terrestrial BBC channels we cannot get.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jj100 Check if there are any problems with BBC Freeview in your area https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problems-freeview-reception/#/Freeview  if not  options are to try the Automatic scan  again and  do a Manual Tune.  Some customers have found that scanning after removing the aerial and then reinserting provides a solution when channels are missing.   In other words scan with the aerial removed when obviously no channels will be found, however this can reinsert the connection.  You would then need to scan with the aerial connected again and see if this makes a difference.

However there is the possibility that there is some issue with the aerial. See some more information here https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/reception-picture-and-channels-troubleshooting-guide 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jj100
Journeyman
Options

Hi James4578. Thanks for your message. Tried rescanning without the aerial connected and again with the aerial connected. It goes from no terrestrial channels without aerial to finding ITV and Channels 4 & 5 onwards, but no BBC1 or BBC2, with aerial. I’m starting to wonder whether it is indeed an issue with the aerial which is rather old. Her old tv with freeview box works fine though…

braystacey
First Poster
Options

Exact same TV exact same problem. I’ll try the rescan without aerial but I’d be keen to hear if you’ve made any positive progress. 

0 Likes
Jj100
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

No joy here at all. Think the last resort is having someone come out to check the aerial. Please post your results, good luck!

0 Likes
braystacey
First Poster
Options

Well, I just returned to the TV after leaving it off for about a week (it’s for my in-laws and they’re on holiday) and the missing 1&2 channels are there. No idea why they were missing or why they’re back. 

0 Likes
Jj100
Journeyman
Options

Wow, lucky! Did you do any retuning at all? Thanks.

0 Likes
braystacey
First Poster
Options

No, nothing at all. Not much help really, sorry …

0 Likes