Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get local channels on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 06:24 PM)
MrsMarshall
First Poster
Options

Can someone help please, we are looking to be able to watch live local TV on our TV. Is normal freeview built in to these TVs? (Samsung UE50TU7020KXXU)

I have bought this aerial from Amazon (link below) and have scanned for channels using all the different options - digital/analogue, cable/terrestrial etc. And at best it only finds the 105 channels that come on the TV. 
Can anyone help with how we can find BBC, ITV etc. 
We have all the apps but would like to browse the TV guide to see what’s on. 

Aerial - Indoor TV Aerial, 50 Miles Digital HDTV Antenna Freeview 4K 1080P HD FM VHF UHF Window Aerial for Local Channels Support ALL Television-13ft Coax Cable https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S6MMTQC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BHTZ12FT8TQ3Q5RXB6W8?_encoding=...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, the TV does support Freeview. I think your issue is with setting up the aerial. Unlike analogue signals which you could easily tune in as you would see the picture improving, digital is either working or not and the slightest movement can find or lose a signal. If you have your previous TV get the aerial positioned correctly make sure all channels can be received then set up your new TV or get a professional installer to do the alignment.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Those indoor aerials are useless, if you can do so get a roof aerial installed by a local fitter
0 Likes
chewy1
First Poster
Options
Hi have Samsung tv but cant get dtv it just comes up as analogue tv do i need to change it to get dtv and how
0 Likes
AshB68
First Poster
Options
Mine too will not find any channels, I'm in between switching broadband and TV suppliers but kids can't watch TV
0 Likes
KevinStarr
First Poster
Options

You CAN get antenna channels!  Go to settings, then to broadcasting, then scan all channel locations. It took me forever to find this!  

0 Likes