Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't find setting

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 12:17 AM)
Jimmy Breikert
First Poster
Options

So, I want to download and run an APK file, but I need to enable Unknown Sources. After googling, it says I should go under Settings/Personal/Security. But I don't see any Personal tab at all, and can't find any Security at any other place. So how do I enable Unknown Sources, so that I can install any program I want.

Thx!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Alii_oww
First Poster
Options
When you go to download the phone will automatically ask you to do it there and then. It will come up as a setting option and will take you directly to the page were you enable it.
0 Likes
MightyNoodle
Journeyman
Options
Go to Settings-Biometrics and security - Install unknown apps.
0 Likes
Jimmy Breikert
First Poster
Options

I'm asking help for a TV, not a phone... 😕

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Jimmy Breikert
First Poster
Options

I have put the APK file on the USB, but when I plug it into my TV, it doesnt find any files....

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try using the remote to change the source to USB and see if you can find the file that way.
0 Likes
Jimmy Breikert
First Poster
Options

It finds the USB, but it shows no files at all, even though the file is on the USB(checked in computer)... Very strange, because I've read that APK files should work with USB on Tizen OS..

0 Likes
chilbertto
First Poster
Options

Hey Jimmy,

any update on this? My tv also not recognising the file on usb, and there are no options to switch on unknown sources in the options menu

0 Likes
Members_GfI7Y1L
First Poster
Options

Any update how to find any Security at Samsung q60?

0 Likes