Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find BBC iplayer

(Topic created on: 24-03-2020 07:06 PM)
iando
Explorer
Options

I just bought a Samsung Q70T QLED TV. I set it all up, however on the home page I can't seem to locate the BBC Iplayer App. It is not pre-loaded on the home screen along with Netflix, All 4, ITV etc. When I go to apps and search for it, nothing comes up. 

Any help appreciated!!

12 REPLIES 12
AntS
Options

Hi @iando , 🙂

Official Samsung statement on this one:

"Samsung is committed to bringing you the very best Smart TV experience. We are working with The BBC to ensure The BBC iPlayer Application delivers the best possible user experience on your new 2020 Samsung Smart TV. The application will be released at the very earliest opportunity, please accept our apologies for the delay."

Other than iPlayer, how's the new TV for you so far?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@iando  @AntS  Hopefully the iplayer app released for 2020 models soon. 

In the meantime if you have Amazon Firestick could use that https://www.techjunkie.com/watch-bbc-iplayer-amazon-firestick/      Altenative is watch on Computer/Mac/Tablet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/getting-started-with-bbc-iplayer/getting-started-comput... 

For Tablets/  mobiles  you need to use the app https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/getting-started-with-bbc-iplayer/getting-started-mobile... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Brutha
Student
Options

Just setup my nice new Q80T, was quite happy until I tried to find IPlayer.....

I can't believe I have spent this much for a "smart" tv and I can not access the main BBC app!! Does anyone know when this might be available?

Julie28
First Poster
Options

Really disappointed that I brought this tv and  no bbc I player on it

Brutha
Student
Options

Hi Julie - in fact it appeared at some point last week on mine! I am not sure exactly when it appeared, but I searched the apps again last week and it found it.

Cheers

Brutha

philip888
Student
Options

On my Samsung TV bought last week. I was watching BBC2 HD-i on channel 102, suddenly I see a message, press the green button to watch this program from the beginning. So I press the green button on my Samsung tv remote control, it display a code for me to enter on my mobile phone to add the TV to my bbc iPlayer account . Bingo !! 

0 Likes
philip888
Student
Options
You can I just found BBC iPlayer on my 2020 model Samsung smart TV.
Goto watch BBC1HD or BBC2HD, after about 10 seconds, you should see “press green to watch from start” BBC iPlayer will open
Nightmare1971
Student
Options

iPlayer is back on my list of apps for my UE55TU7000 just installed it. 

Markovch
Student
Options
My UE32T5300 had an update to the software today, to ver 1113 but still no BBC iPlayer despite being told it would be available a few weeks ago.