Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my PC (Win 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (2018)

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 11:19 AM)
XorKoS
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

It's been week I'm trying to make this work again .. because like 6 months to 1 year ago I managed to make it work, don't know what changed since.

So, I have a 2018 UHD Samsung TV (Model UE49NU5105 or UE49NU7105 sth like that).

I have a built pc with a Asus PCE-AC55BT as Wifi + Bluetooth card that I changed lately thinking it could solve that problem (previously I was using wifi with a wifi USB dongle to access the tv but it stopped working at some point)

My problem is that my pc can't detect the TV, when doing Windows + K or being in the device page.

While other laptops in the house manage to see the tv and connect to it.

And everything mentioned is on the same Wi-fi.

I searched a lot online and tried a lot of things but I'm starting to feel defeated.

I checked the advanced parameters of my wi fi yesterday and saw that my pc is mostly using a 5 MHz bandwidth wifi thingy while most other things a 2.4 MHz one, tried to force the PC on the 2.4 MHz to see if it changed anything with no results.

I also tried to change the wifi password encoding since windows said it was outdated, and saw that at that time, before I could change the wifi password on one of the laptop, it could still connect to the tv without being connected to any internet and successfully managed to mirror itself on the TV, so I thought that it could maybe connect itself to the TV by bluetooth .. is that possible ?

+ I tried every other common troubleshooting advices I could find.

Honestly I don't really know what more to do, does someone have an idea ? Or is there maybe a better way to wirelessly connect my PC to my TV (In order to stream sports and films from my PC on the TV mainly)

Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26
Members_yG3AcZo
First Poster
Options

Just restart network on your pc

0 Likes
Loginvki
First Poster
Options
  1. On your Samsung Smart TV, open the Smart Hub.
  2. Navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and select the Settings icon.
  3. Select General, and then select Software Update.
  4. If there’s an update available, select Update Now.
  5. Once the update is installed, try connecting your Windows 10 device to your Samsung  Smart TV again.

Read more...

0 Likes
manosir
Journeyman
Options

that's the solution ... thank you

0 Likes
Bill17
First Poster
Options

I resolved my Windows 10 connection problems by doing the following:
1) If you have a dual band router, make sure both the tv and laptop are connected to the same band,
mine works best on the 5ghz band
2) I have found that being as close to the tv and router with your laptop greatly improves the ability of
the devices to connect.
2) If your tv does not show in the list of wireless displays available, you may have to reboot either the tv
and/or laptop

0 Likes
Wesssssssssss
Apprentice
Options

If this helps, its most likely nothing to do with your setup, I'm at my wits end w Samsung, I was able to connect my pc until recently, now the tv a 7000 55" will show connecting, then drops. Not sure what Samsungs playing at, but I will say this, it's annoying and time consuming at best, trying to figure out what the latest update screwed up. Best part, for me have been the last two scheduled updates for my A7 tablets, Back in November give or take- after the update my Wyze app stopped landscaping, no help w online forums. I figured out by zooming 100% (that's under display) I could landscape. Contacted Sam and Wyze, they just talk in circles and say nothing. This last update Dec (talking 2022 for both) I allowed the update on 3 of my A7's Now Blink goes haywire trying to connect, oh I'll get a pict, eventually, but cant landscape or it goes ape -*****, I'm ignoring the updates on my other tablets, but it won't be long before they make it mandatory.  Again, I contacted Blink, (this time) then Samsung, once again, no surprise, no answers. 

As you guessed, I use the tablets for monitoring Blink, Wyze, and Ring cameras. One tablet per camera, now I can only use the last updated A7's for Wyze since Blink still hasn't resolved the issue and the app goes buggy. I have other Tablets, Lenovo for one, it runs without any Bs and has been for 3 years now, it's actually larger than the A7 Same ***** tablet. Reason for the tablets - there aren't any decent apps that allow connecting multiple cameras to one screen, leastways none I've found. IP View ran well until they went pay me and screwed the app up 6 ways to Sunday, ads etc etc

Note; You can use the Blue stacks app _ runs Android apps and game on PC. its quite handy and you can click on multiple and view more then one item and one time, now that's handy and allows me multiple of the same app, sooo great for viewing security cameras.

Got off topic, don't know what Samsung did to screw up the works pc to tv, I tried pretty much everything - My A7 tablets- still nothing to fix Blink crashing. Not sure they fixed Wyze, but just increase zoom to 100% and Blink wellll.... So I've had my fill of Samsung, when this set goes or maybe before, I'll switch to another brand, with the tablets, replacing them with Lenovo's. In the meantime, ill use Bluestacks.

As far as phone, well that works fine Sam ultra 20. But upgrade time, switching to Apple. Never cared for Apple, not their products, in that they are well above the curve in everything; all in that regard, no I just didn't like the proprietary nature.

Plus I used to jail break and add my own android OS to my phones, custom build, add in some apk's, and a nice OS with no bloated software etc etc

Now it's difficult, but not impossible. Many developers stopped bothering, developing whit OS - pickings are few and far between, and one mistake, and you can brick the phone. 

So, sum it up, Samsung updates from what I've experienced do more harm then good, their support, lackluster at best. Not sure why I cant cast to the tv anymore, fast not giving a shi.. about Samsung, I don't recommend their products any longer, I would recommend going LG for a good cost effective tv. Or one of The Majors, Sony etc lot more expensive, but you don't see them popping up with petty BS issues due to a bad install, and you can bet, if that happened, they would be on it like flies on shi.. Oh well I can go around the block and use my phone, which still works, (until the next update maybe) or I could hardwire, wish I had an answer for the pc to tv w/out purchasing additional hardware to cast. I'm not a novice. with all this, but they keep overtaking the plumbing, (txs Scotty) and not plugging the leaks. hell they don't bother mopping up either <Heavy Shrug>  

0 Likes
Wesssssssssss
Apprentice
Options

Thats true, probably should mention you have to setup for both 2.4 and 5..this requires going into the router and setting up separate SSID. It's fairly simple, check with your routers mfg. for the how to...If its not in the documentation, just Google router mfgr etc etc.

Hardwiring is an option, lots of goodies you can p/u on Amazon, recommend one do a little research, depending on your set, different requirements for the best setup. Cables run from cheap and up. Better to up, its best you use a solid cable etc etc All I can tell you is garbage in _ garbage out. Ask a tech savvy friend, or again, Google it.

0 Likes
Wesssssssssss
Apprentice
Options

unfortunately...nope _ tried that did this.......🤔

I wanted wireless, but last option connect via HDMI to HdMi

0 Likes